More Than Friends

"I'm gonna miss this place."

Lily felt a little emotional when she closed the door of the dormitory they'd shared for almost a year.

"Come on, it's just for the summer!" Clara said cheerily, "It'll be over in a moment, and then we'll all wish we were still on holiday."

Ellie put a Locomotion Spell on each of their trunks so they wouldn't have to carry them all the way down to the Entrance Hall.

Their trunks followed them obidiently down the stairs, floating a few inches from the ground.

"We'll meet up during the summer, right? I can't wait two months to see your annoying faces again." Clara said.

"Yeah, me neither." Lily agreed.

"We can go to the cinema together!" Lara said enthusiastically.

"What's the... cinema?" Clara asked, swinging around the cage of her owl, who screeched in protest. "Shut up, you beast!"

"Hey, don't call her that. Stargazer is my baby girl." Lara protested, looking lovingly at the small owl.

"Your baby girl left a ball of fur and animal bowels on your bed last night. Not to mention the rat bones..." Clara grimaced.

Lara really wanted an owl of her own, but she still hand't managed to convince her Muggle parents to buy her one, didn't even flinch. "She wouldn't. Right Stargazer?"

"I'm telling the truth!" Clara insisted, "I had to call Lily to remove it!"

Lara's eyes widened as she turned to look at Lily accusingly. "Did you help cover up the crime scene?"

Lily nodded, "Yup. But it wasn't as bad as Clara said. She likes to exaggerate."

"No way!" Lara swung around to look at the bird, "Traitor! How could you do that to me?"

If Stargazer had something to say about that, she didn't show it. The small brown owl looked longingly at the ground while Clara completely failed to keep the cage still.

"Anyway, you can come to my house if you like." Lily suggested, "or we can hang out in town or we can go in the woods near my grandparents' house. They have a small Quiddtch pitch..."

"You have a Quidditch pitch? Woha." Ellie said.

"Yes, well, it's not big or anything," Lily hurried to say, "but I thought that we could try to play together... Maybe we could even try out for the team next year?"

"Great idea!" Ellie said at the same time as Clara said, "In your dreams!"

"I have chorus next year." Lara added, "Besides, I'm bad at Quidditch."

"You're not!" Lily said, "You just need a little practice."

"Oh, please." Lara shook her head, "I can't even balance on a broom without falling over! You saw me during the flying lessons this year. I think I prefer to sing. Less risky."

"Okay then. If you're sure." Lily smiled, "And you, Clara?"

"I'm afraid of heights!" Clara said, "And also, what if I actually get on the team and then the Quidditch matches are played at the same hour as the Gobstones ones? I mean, my club does count on me..."

"Alright, so that leaves me and Ellie." Lily said, "You want to try out next year, right Ellie?"

"Course I do! It's always been my dream to be a beater on the Gryffindor Team."

Lily shrugged, "I don't like Quidditch that much, but I want to give it a shot since everyone in my family seems to have Quidditch in their DNA or something - that's what people say on the Daily Prophet."