Three

Sadly it got much worse than I hoped. My dad insisted that I would go out on the floor and talk with some of the dukes. He stated that there are a lot single men around here and that I should get to know them better. I talked and danced with a few before retreating to my throne. I had a short talk with my dad before I retreated to my quarters and chose to read a book before I went to bed. I somehow couldn't find my focus and switched to my phone. Where I had a lot of missed messages and even a call. Luke, of course, talked for 10 minutes long about that guy and after that also another 5 about an article about another night that I sneaked out and got busted by paparazzi. I skipped the last few messages and went on to Instagram. I couldn't post what I wanted on it because of security protocols, but I loved spending my time scrolling on my phone.
After what felt like an hour I started to feel sleepy. So I turned off the lights and put my phone in my charger. I than changed into something cozy and went back to bed. I checked the time on my alarm and saw that it was almost midnight. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.
___
"Miss Jude?" A knock on the door made it clear someone asked if I was present. "Are you awake, your highness?" The voice was of my assistant, whom always made sure I woke up on time for my morning meetings.
I ignored her knocks and put my pillow over my head. Just let me sleep in... but that wasn't the case. 'Cause she knocked again. "I know you're in there. Please don't make it so late."
I groaned. I threw my pillow away and yelled to the door, "five more minutes, please!" I laid back on the bed. But my head fell right where my pillow used to lay. At that point I got irritated and got up. Fucking pillow. I got it back from the floor and threw it on the bed. Than opened my door, where an impatient lady was waiting for me.
"I know that mornings are the worst, but please be reasonable and get ready for your meetings, miss. it's a busy day today!" My assistant gave me the schedule and walked me through it.
"What is this?" I pointed at a social event at 1 p.m. "I didn't plan this with you?" Confused I looked at the planning.
"Oh yes, the Crown-prince added it yesterday evening. He said that he wanted you to interact more with the civilians," she said.
Of course he did. I let my hands go through my hair. Why did he do this to me? He knows I'm already stacked with meetings, I can't go to this event too. "I'd like to reschedule this. I'm in short timing here."
"Sorry, Miss. But that isn't possible. The event is at a place which only was able to today. I can reschedule your meeting with the counsellors though?" She was already writing on it before I even spoke. So I didn't even complain anymore.
"Sure, just put it for tomorrow. How late will we be going to this event? Where is it?" More questions came into my mind, but I didn't want to overload my assistant already so early in the morning.
"12 p.m. you'll be driven to the place. It's at a car company if I'm right. You'll get to talk with kids there and one of their workers." That was enough information for me and with that I send her away. I walked to my closet and chose a casual outfit as I made myself ready for my first and only meeting for this day. A meeting with my dad. I never looked forward to these meetings. I was even more happy with the counsellors than with my dad as company. But the meeting was scheduled, so I had no choice but to go.
I made my way through the palace, greeting people and some off the staff on the way. Normally we don't need to greet them because of protocols, but I hated the protocol, so it was kinda alright for me. As I walked down the corridor, where my dad's office is, I couldn't stop noticing that it was very busy today. There're a lot of Elite people, therefor even more staff walking around. I ignored them now fully and prepared myself for the meeting with my dad. So I put my phone away, which I had in my hand, and stroke over my hair to make the nerves calm a bit.
I knocked on the door and waited until I heard a "come in". It took a few seconds, but then finally I got to enter. "I hope I'm on time," I said as I closed the door behind me.
"More than on time, Darling. Thank you for joining us." Us? I didn't know there were other people joining... why didn't my assistant told me that? I turned around and when I saw someone sitting in the chair opposite my father, I couldn't believe my eyes.
"Duke Williams... what a surprise." My voice was enthusiastic, but I was dreaded to see him again. "I didn't saw you at the feast yesterday?"
He stood up and bowed in front of me. He even took my hand and kissed it. I had to hold in a scowl. Ugh, I hated him. "I couldn't make it yesterday, but the King was so nice to invite me today and talk about this agreement..?"
I nodded, without a clue what he meant. What agreement? "Yes... the agreement-" I jumped up when my dad started talking. "I made the choice to invite Duke Williams here because I believe he would be a good partner for you."
I couldn't believe my ears. Partner? As in marriage? "I thought I had the chance to decide over my own marriage father, why now so urgent?" I'm only in my early thirties, no need to hurry...
"Ah yes, but it's been years, Jude. It's time for you to find someone and start a family. And Duke Williams was more than happy to talk about that news!"
I sat down in my chair, just as Duke Williams sat down, and I turned to him. "Look, Grayson, you're a fun guy. But what my father has in mind isn't going to happen. I'm sorry."
My dad interrupted me, "but Jude-"
"No dad! I'm not going to marry him. I'll only marry out of love. And right now there isn't anyone!" I slapped my hand on the table. How did he think about marrying me to some stupid Duke!
"If this is the subject for this meeting, I'm out. I hope there are no other businesses here, so I can make myself ready for my event." I stood up, just as my dad did too.
"Jude, please just think about it. You have a reputation to hold up." There was a touch of worry in my dad's voice, but not for me. No, only for his own reputation.
"I won't participate in this. Nick is already married, I won't do the same only for a reputation towards the civilians. I'm sorry." With that statement I stood up and bowed. I turned around and walked out of the room. What in the hell?! How can he think about controlling my life! Bossing me around isn't going to help.
___
An hour later I was ready to go. The black Mercedes SUV was already waiting in front of the palace and one of the staff members was holding the car door open. I walked down the stairs and stepped into the car. I placed the seatbelt in it's place and waited for the driver to push in the gas.
We left and slowly passed the gates. It was a short ride, only around an hour and were there on time. I didn't really know what we were going to do at this car company, but I was excited to work with the kids.
We drove through a gate and entered a beautiful place with a big building in front. We drove all the way to the entrance and the driver opened the door for me. I stepped out and was welcomed by a smiling man.
"Good afternoon, your highness. I hope you had a pleasant ride." The man was a bit older than me. Maybe around his fifties. He head bowed and made with his arm a gesture to the building behind him. "Should we enter?"
I nodded and walked behind the man into the building. There I was awaited by more people. Another man came walking up to me and head bowed. "Welcome to the Mercedes Formula One Team factory, your Highness." The man put his hand out to shake and I accepted the hand. "Toto Wolff," he said, probably his name.
"Thank you for having me, Toto. I hope that we're not too early?" I looked around, no kids to see yet.
"No, right on time. Come with me, the kids are with one of our members, we're all ready to go," Toto said. He led me to a staircase and we walked to the next floor. I heard some giggling further into the hall and we went to the sound.
As we arrived, Toto walked in and I followed shortly after. A bunch of kids were jumping and running around, while someone was in the middle, trying to calm them down. Toto called him and he turned around.
His brown eyes met mine the moment he turned around. A smile appeared on his lips and I felt myself get warmer. "Good afternoon, your Highness." He head bowed and than turned to one of the kids who grabbed him by his leg.
I laughed and looked down to my feet, where another kid was hanging onto my leg. My security, which were behind me the whole time, told the kid to go away.
"No, it's okay." I picked the little girl up and let her balance on my hip. "Hi little girl, what's your name?"
"Amelia, princess Jude!" She giggled and touched my hair. "I also want to be a princess..." her smile faded a bit and I almost felt sorry for her. But when she finds out how royal life really is like, her dreams would probably change.
"So what are we doing here today?" I turned to Toto, who was talking with the man who greeted me outside. "We'll be doing a tour with the kids and ride a round around the property. After that we'll have an interview with you and Lewis, your Highness." As Toto said that, Lewis came closer to us.
"I'll be touring y'all around and after take you for a ride, your Highness," Lewis said. "Only if you're up to it." He added. A smile formed on my lips and I put the kid back on the ground, she immediately started running again with the others.
"I'd be delighted. I'd say, let's start?" I turned around and moved back to the door. Lewis followed and stepped forward to lead the way for me and the kids. They all started giggling as we walked around the big rooms. There were a lot of cars, all Formula One cars, said Lewis. I had no idea about Formula One, but from what Lewis all said I got that it is the hardest motorsport out there. I took up some new knowledge and walked around the big building.
"I think we went everywhere now. So who wants to go for a ride?" Lewis said, and the kids started yelling. They all wanted to go, and so we went outside. There were a few cars standing ready for a ride, and as the kids were led to their cars, I was left behind with Lewis. "It's beautiful here. And the kids really enjoy it here!" I giggled as the kids started running around the cars.
"I love it when the kids come here, it makes the place a bit more alive." The smile on Lewis' face was so nice, it made him glow even more. But the truth behind why we're here is so sad. The kids are all orphans. Normally the Royal house doesn't do a lot with the orphans, but I care a lot about them. I was the one to care for them.
"Are you enjoying it here, Princess?" His question made me zone back in. I didn't even notice I zoned out.
"Yes I'm enjoying it a lot. It's so different here than from other events. And I'm looking forward to our interview after this. But I do remember we were going for a ride?" Lewis laughed as I mentioned the last bit. He nodded and led me to another car that was the last one standing.
"Hop in your highness, there's a helmet on the seat." He smiled and put on his own helmet. I smiled back and put mine on. It was a bit big, but it would do. I jumped into the car and put the seat belt in it's place. I already saw a camera pointed towards us, must be a part of the interview as well.
"Sit back and enjoy, Princess. It'll be a moment to never forget!" Lewis smiled and pushed on the gas pedal. The car flew away and we went faster and faster. I sat back and laughed as we started to go over 150 km/h. Lewis was laughing as well and made himself ready to turn the car to a sharp left. He let go of the gas pedal and changed to the brakes. We started to go slower and slower until we turned the corner. He then sped up again and passed the other cars where the kids were in. They all looked out the window as we passed and we started to laugh again.
As Lewis was driving I stared at him. I admired his smile and his eyes. They were like chocolate. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. Even when we got back to the front and had to step out. I broke out of my trance as he turned around in his seat and faced me. "I hope you enjoyed it, Princess." His smile made his eyes wrinkle. I smiled at him and was completely speechless.
"I-" the words were stuck on my tongue, "wow." I breathed out and let my head fall back. "We're definitely doing this again sometime. This was awesome!"
His smile became brighter. "We'll see, maybe you can have another ride at the Silverstone race? I'd be more than pleased to give you a tour around the track."
My smile became wider. "That would be awesome! But I do hope I'll get to ride too." I crooked my eyebrow and waited for an answer from Lewis.
"I don't know if that's possible, but I can try to find a way." His answer was all I needed and I jumped out of the car, pulling the helmet off my head. The cold wind blew my hair everywhere. I looked at my security and from the look on their faces I could see they weren't happy at all that we just did that flying round.
"No worries, guys, I'm still alive. No need to make such horror faces." They looked at me like I was crazy and just shrugged. One of them explained to me that it was too dangerous for me to do such a stunt, but I waved him off and walked towards the kids again, who just got out of the car too. "So how was it to ride in a really fast car?" I asked them and they started to talk all through each other. I couldn't hear any of them properly so I just nodded. "Well I enjoyed it a lot too! But now it's time to go back home, right? I believe that it is getting late." The kids started complaining, but I saw some of them yawn. I grinned and turned to Toto, who went to Lewis to talk to him. "Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, Toto. I'd be delighted to come around again for another flying round on your property."
Toto looked at me in shock as I shook his hand. "Well of course, your Highness.. you could maybe join us on the Silverstone race. I'd doubt you would hate it!" I nodded and said I'd think about it. After that I waved to the rest and went back to my security, whom led me back to my own car and drove me back to the palace.