Twelve

"You're not allowed to date someone whose not royalty." My dad said. I nodded and kept quiet, listening to his speech. "Us royals need to stand tall; take care for our country. Therefor we need good blood. Without royal blood, there's no royal person. Understand that, my child." And I nodded again, being amazed about the fact that I someday would marry a prince maybe.
Now I don't want to marry a prince, nor a duke. The only one I have my eye on is this knight. He has the satisfaction of the king, but is nowhere near royal blood. And I had to fall for him. I was in the car back to the palace when the memory of my lessons came back to me. Sometimes we got normal school lessons, and sometimes royal lessons from mom and dad. Most of the time it was mom, but when it came to the big things, as to marriage, my dad shoved my mom away to give that lesson, making sure that we would never make the mistake of falling for a 'normal guy'.
But it had to be me who had fallen for the 'normal guy'. Lewis charmed me and had me wrapped in some sort of spell.
Speaking of him, after the evening with the boys, it was kind of awkward between us. The road back was silent and only Isa sometimes started a conversation. But the moment we got back to my room, Lewis was back to himself. He asked how late I was going home and how my evening was. He also asked if I was okay and said he was going to miss me. We had the most normal conversation like we always do, but it was still weird that this only started when we were alone. So these thought kept twirling through my mind as I was on my way home.
I turned to my bodyguard, who was sitting at the front-seat next to my personal driver. "Hey, Pete. How long 'til we're back at the palace?" I asked.
"About 10 minutes. How so?" He asked back.
"My dad just texted that he wants to talk to me asp." I chuckled, but inside I felt fear.
"Okay, your Highness, we'll hurry then," Pete said and he told the driver to haste.

At the palace ~ Monday
---
"Ah, my Darling, how was your trip?" My dad asked as I came into his office. He walked up to me and gave a short hug.
My eyebrow raised as he gave me the hug. Since when is he so nice? "It was amazing, if I could I would love to go again." I mentioned, trying to hint my dad a bit.
"Good, good. That sounds fantastic. Now to the point; I want to congratulate you. You did an amazing job and the people loved it. Also Mercedes has offered a new deal with us, giving us their newest models for our royal cars." He nodded approvingly.
"That sounds amazing. So that means I could maybe join them another time?" I was kinda straightforward, but I had to find a way to see Lewis more often.
My dad walked to his chair and sat down, he gestured to the seat opposite his. "I see you really liked it there, but you did breach protocol several times. I want to make a deal with you, but therefor you have to be willing." My dad said and I couldn't believe my ears. Am I really going to see Lewis more often?
"What is this deal?" I asked, trying not to let my excitement get the better of me.
"I want you to enjoy your time, and I believe you really like it at the Grand Prix. But to trade fairly, I want you to marry our finest Duke." He dropped the bomb.
I was speechless, no word left my mouth as my jaw hit the floor. "Wh- what?" One word, one question.
"Duke Williams is quite a fine man, perfect for our line." My dad said, his chin resting on his hands.
I want to decline. I want to yell at him for accusing me to marry that bastard. I want to tear this whole place down. But what about the chances? I could see Lewis a lot more, spend even more time with him. But than I have a husband at my side, and he'll be one of my flings. I don't want to hurt him like that. Lewis doesn't deserve that.
"I have to think about it, but for now my answer is no. I don't want to marry Duke Williams." And with that I stood up and walked out of his office, again filled with hatred towards my dad.
I walked to my room and fell down on my bed. I pulled out my phone and opened my inbox.

'Can we talk?' : Jude -

An answer appeared in a heartbeat.
- Luke : 'Of course'
He face-timed me and I immediately picked up. His face boomed up on my screen and I immediately smiled.
"Hey." I said smiling.
"Hi, Love, what's up?" He asked me and my smile dropped a bit.
"I had a talk with my dad. He wants to make a deal."
"A deal? What is it?" Luke sounded concerned, a questioning look on his face.
"He wants me to marry someone, only so I can visit more Grand Prix's..."
"What? But why do you want to visit more Grand Prix's? Is it because of the secret boy..?" Luke wiggled his eyebrows, making me laugh.
"No, idiot. I like the sport, but... okay you're right, it's because of Lew-"
"LEWIS? LEWIS HAMILTON? O MY GOD JUDE!" Luke screamed from excitement. I covered my mouth with my hand.
"Shh! That was something you shouldn't know.. we're nothing.. yet..." I whispered into the phone. As if someone was listening at the other side of the door.
"Yet?! So you're serious about him?"
"Kinda.. but we can't be together. Especially when my dad wants me to marry Williams."
"Grayson Williams? The Duke?" Luke made a disgusting face. They have known each other for a while. Grayson and Luke hated each other with a passion. Luke hates him because he's a dick and like the most annoying person on earth. And Grayson hates Luke because he's always close with me. Grayson always had a crush on me when we were younger, and to see how it is going now, I assume he still has a crush on me.
"Girl, don't take that deal. It's no good for you. Why don't we sit together and think of a way to make you and Lewis get together?" Luke suggested and I actually liked the sound of that.
"Sure. Should I ask Lewis to come as well? I'm sure Nick would like to come too." I said and Luke had a questioning look on his face.
"Nick? Why your brother? Isn't he like.. your dad's favourite?"
"Well yes, but he understands me. About the whole arraigned marriage and the falling in love thing... I seriously believe he has an idea." I explained to him.
He nodded. "Makes sense. I hope he has an idea, since he didn't have one when he married."
"I hope so too," I said, sighing.
"Hey Luke! You coming?" A voice said from his side of the phone.
"Yeah, bud. Just give me a sec." Luke responded
"That's my cue to leave, I believe. Where're you going?" I asked.
"To some club. Dave wanted to go." Luke said with a grin on his face.
"Dave, huh? So you two are a thing?" I wiggled with my eyebrows. Dave is Luke's friend since y. They've known each other for years and that's how I know Dave as well. We hung out together and had a pretty normal friendship.
"We kinda are... we've had some flings. But nothings serious. But, Sweetheart, I have to go! I'll see you soon, ok?" And he hung up.
I closed off my phone and let myself completely fall back on my bed again. I sighed and looked at my ceiling, taking in everything that just happened.
How am I going to explain this to Lewis?