Four

I laid that same night in bed, scrolling through everything. I sometimes came across some articles about today. They absolutely adored it, which is why Nick put me there in the first place, just as a distraction for the press to focus on me. I'd hate him for it. But this time I actually really liked the event. Normally I would get irritated by the kids or whatsoever. But today was different...
I jumped up from my thoughts as a message popped on my screen. It was from Instagram. I pressed it and it immediately opened up to a profile. I checked the name and gasped. 'Lewis Hamilton started following you'. I looked at his profile quickly before adding him back. I opened up the messages and typed a simple hi. It didn't take long before he typed back. It took a few seconds, but then he said hey back. I looked at his message. Not sure how to continue our conversation...
I didn't have to, because he already started typing again. 'I really enjoyed spending time with you today', the message said. I smiled at the comment and thought of something to say back.
'It was so fun. I'd like to attend Silverstone too. I'm asking my dad tomorrow!' I waited as he read it, and than started to type again.
'I hope I'll see you there. Good night, Princess'. I read the comment a few times and didn't even say goodnight back as I drifted off to a peaceful sleep, with my phone still on my chest.
___
I woke up early the next morning. I was in a great mood for once and actually looked forward to today. I was now in a meeting with the counsellors. Listening as they put forward ideas about making the economy stronger. I wasn't really an economic type of person, so I just nodded and wrote things down. Normally the crown-prince would attend too. But today he didn't. Which led to me having to pay attention and write down the important stuff. It was almost the end of the meeting and I watched as the clock almost reached the number 11. I counted down the last 3 seconds and than stood up.
"Thank you, gentlemen, for this moment. I'll give this through to the crown-prince when he is available again." I nodded my head at them and than walked out of the room. A sigh escaped my mouth as I was finally alone. I walked towards the gardens and thought about the next thing on my planner.
I arrived at the gardens and started walking the gravel road that led to a little building. It was a monument of my grandmother, the former ruler of England. I didn't know her the best, since she died when I was 10. But I had always the feeling that she would always listen if I had to speak my heart out. Just like now, a burden had to be lifted off my shoulders.
I sat down on the little bench and started speaking. "Hey grandma. I haven't talked to you for a while..." and so I continued. I talked about the crazy idea of getting married, which I totally forgot about yesterday. And the event I went to yesterday. I spoke to her for a few minutes before I thought of something I forgot to do this morning. "Shit I forgot to ask him! Sorry, but I have to go. Bye!" I left the monument and went straight back into the palace. I had a quick pace and didn't look at the people passing me in the corridor. I didn't stop walking until I got to my dad's office. I knocked at the door and waited for a 'come in'. But it didn't came. I knocked again and asked the security in front of the door if they knew why he didn't answer. They just shrugged their shoulders.
"Come in!" The moment the words reached my ears I pushed the door open and walked into the office. "Dad! I have such an amazing idea. What if I go to Silverstone? To the Grand Prix!" I couldn't keep my excitement in as I started rambling about the Grand Prix.
"Jude, calm down. I need to think about this. I mean- what do you want to do there?" He didn't sound very enthusiastic about it and he crooked his eyebrow, waiting for my answer.
"I thought about bringing the trophy to the winner.. or maybe just as an event? Just please let me go! I even got invited!" I almost begged him.
"Who invited you? Duke Williams?" His mouth formed a small smirk. What? No! Why would he invite me?
"No dad, the Mercedes Team did. I said that I would be delighted to come. But if you want I could also come there in name of the royal family and hand over the trophy." I had my hands clasped together. I really needed to go.
"But Nick always gives the trophies at the Grand Prix. I remember you didn't care about the sport, nor being attendant at such big events." His voice was filled with uncertainty.
"Please, just let me go. I could also go with Nick?" The question left my mouth before I could even consider it in my head first. And I immediately regretted it. God, I don't want to go with Nick.
"I'll think about it. But if you go, Nick will come with you." He made his statement clear by going back to his papers. The cue to go. I walked out of the office without saying goodbye and started my walk back to my room. But I regretted that the moment I saw who was waiting in front of my room. My assistant was already waiting for me, with her hands full of papers.
"I see that we got a crisis here. Wherefore are the papers?" I sighed and took them over from her.
She shrugged and sighed when the heavy papers got lifted from her hands. "It's mainly some security details. They have been changed. I don't have more details than that, you'll have to read that yourself." My assistant took her phone and looked at the planning. We share one so I could easily see it too. So when she said that my day was empty for the rest I wasn't surprised and was already prepared by what to do the rest of the day.
"Thank you for the papers, I'll go and read them through. I'll see you tomorrow again?" Since my day is done and royal duties don't call, she doesn't have a reason to stay.
"Yes, see you tomorrow, your Highness." She head bowed and left quickly. I looked after her and shook my head. She was always such a weird woman.
"Having a hard day, Bruno?" I asked my security guard, who just stationed himself next to my door. His face was a bit pale and the bags under his eyes said enough. He was exhausted.
Bruno let out a sigh and pinched his nose, making him lose his mask of boredom. "More like a hard night, your Highness. The baby was crying all night." He always spoke about his new born baby to me. I loved to catch up with him often and just talk about his wife and just born child. After spending a week with them he was finally back as my security guard and I was so happy to have him back.
"Well, if you'd like you can take the rest of the day off. I'll be in my room all day and if I plan something I'll just call security to get me a guard." I smiled at him and opened the door to my room.
His eyes lit up. "Sure? I don't want you to get into trouble, your Highness." He was really uncertain about it. But I nodded and waved him off.
"Just enjoy your free day, Bruno. I won't give you one tomorrow." I laughed and walked into my room. I heard him laugh too and than thanked me. I ignored it and closed the door.
I put the papers on my desk and sat down. But I didn't start reading. I grabbed my phone and opened Instagram. The first thing I did was check my inbox, sadly Lewis didn't send me anything. But I did get a message from Luke. He sent a meme and a text with that it was relatable. I ignored it and went back to the conversation with Lewis. I started with a hi. He didn't come online so I just asked a simple question.
Jude: 'Are you free today?'
I didn't ask him more, 'cause if I told him why he might snitch me. Even though I don't know how.
After a few minutes he opened the message.
Lewis: 'Hey, yeah I'm free. How so?'
Jude: 'How about a night out? I need a ride away from the palace'.
I waited as he immediately started typing.
Lewis: 'Where should I pick you up?'
That was all he asked and a smile formed on my lips.
Jude: 'I'll send you a location, be there at 7?'
He sent a text saying that's okay, and I sent him the location. It was a abandoned parking lot 200 meters away from the palace, so it wasn't so far to walk.
___
When the clock ticked 6 I started to make myself ready. I was really in the mood for some drinks so I put on a cute dress and put on a long jacket over it, so people wouldn't look weird at me as I would sneak out. I putted on some make up and put on some fancy shoes. It were low heels with black glitter. They matched with my short black dress that I wore under my jacket that reached to my knees.
As I did the last bits of my make up I looked at the time. Shit, already 6:50 p.m. I looked in the mirror one last time before walking to the door. I looked around the corner to see if Bruno stationed another guard next to my door, but luckily he believed me earlier and didn't make sure someone was watching over me. So I got out of my room and walked down the corridor. I heard no voices at all and walked towards the back entrance, which let to the private gardens. There I stepped into the cold evening air. I put the jacket closer around me and walked towards the secret gate I found out about 5 years ago. I opened it and slipped through it. It came out at a silent road. I've never seen a car ride up here so I just walked over it, towards the parking lot. I checked my phone and saw that it was already 7 p.m. which meant I kept Lewis waiting. I sent him a quick message from Instagram that I was on my way. He immediately read it and said that he just arrived. I quickly walked further and after 2 minutes I arrived at the parking lot. I saw Lewis waiting outside his car, holding the passenger door open. I waved at him and smiled as I approached him.
"I've never helped a princess escape from her home." He laughed as I pinched his arm. I stepped into the car and let him close the door.
"You don't want to know how boring it is in there. I'm so happy I could fix you to get me to a bar. I need a good drink." I said as he entered the car. He laughed and started the car.
"I know you want to get a drink at a bar, but how about we go to a club? I believe that that would be much more enjoyable." He grinned at me and the courteous man from the past week was no where to be found. I smiled at him and nodded.
"It's like you read my mind! God, I could use some partying." I sighed and let my head fall back. "After reading security protocols all day, this is literally a perfect idea."
Lewis laughed. "Security protocols? How boring! Did they make you read it because of yesterday?" He looked at me with concern. But I shook my head. "No, they just wanted me to know what I needed to know before I would go to the next big event." I sighed again and looked outside.
"What event?" I looked at him and shrugged.
"I might have fixed that I can go to the Grand Prix..." I said it quietly, almost not hearable.
"You fixed what?!" The excitement in Lewis' voice was the excitement I felt in my heart. "So you talked with your dad?" He smiled at me shortly before putting his eyes back on the road.
"Yeah.. but I still need to go with Nick. He doesn't trust it to let me go alone. Even though I'm more than old enough." I rolled my eyes. I was still very against the idea, even though I came up with it in the first place. But I just wanted to go the Grand Prix... "but which club did you have in mind? I never really go to any clubs..."
"I know one not too far from here. It is easy to walk back from the club to the palace, because I could use a drink too, and I don't expect to drive home tonight." Lewis laughs and checks his mirrors before taking a turn right. He then parked the car at the side of the road and jumped out of the car, making a run for it to open mine.
"Your Highness," he said with a big gesture of his arm. I laughed at him and stepped out. He's so silly. We walked into the club and the music pounded in my ears. It was pretty crowded and everyone was just dancing around a bit.
"Come!" Lewis yelled over te music and he took my hand and led me to the bar. We sat down and watched as the crowd went wild. "What do you want to drink?" Lewis asked.
"Uhm... how about some whiskey. I could really use something good." I smiled at him and he nodded. He waved over a bartender and asked for 2 glasses of whiskey.
"Thank you, by the way. For getting me out of there.." I said. Lewis turned to me smiling.
"Jude, truly it isn't a big deal. I'm actually just really happy I could help."
"Well normally I would ask my best friend, Luke, to bring me. But since he wasn't available, I chose to ask you, which was an amazing idea." I looked at my hands as I continued. "Sadly I can't do this often... with everything at the palace and the royal life... I'm just happy I can get away this time." I sighed and kept looking to my hands.
"I get it... It's sometimes also really hard to maintain a social life while living in a world of paparazzi and fans." His words made me look up again. "You know.. it'll never get easy, but I believe you just have to enjoy the memories you make."
I smiled at him. His words were so true. "You're right. So, how about we enjoy this to the fullest?" I laughed and took a sip of the whiskey the bartender made. Lewis also grabbed his glass, but didn't mind starting drinking.
After a few minutes of talking I got tired of sitting and grabbed Lewis' hand. "Let's dance!" I dragged him with me to the dance floor and stopped in the middle.
I started dancing and in the meantime watched as Lewis just stood still and stared at me. I didn't say anything and just grabbed his hand again, making him move with me.
We danced for a bit, trying to keep ourselves away from each other, but the crowd was getting more and more pushy. They pushed us towards each other and we eventually gave in. We got pushed together and Lewis put his hands on my hips, trying to keep me balanced.
He looked at me, deep in my eyes. "I think we should sit back down... it's getting quite busy here." He moved his hand from my hip to my hand. He tried to take me back with me. But I complained. I pulled him back and kept dancing. Now closer to Lewis. I didn't mind being so close to him, even though it made me shy earlier. I guess that's what alcohol does to you. But Lewis didn't even had a sip of alcohol yet. While I was drinking, he just kept the conversation going. He only played with his whiskey for a while before telling the bartender he didn't need any. I kept ordering though and drank everything with no hesitation, making me already tipsy after only 30 minutes. But now I was dancing with Lewis. He kept his hands to himself and I started to get annoyed as he didn't really do much. So I grabbed his hands and put them on my hips, forcing him to dance with me. He gave in and started to move to the music. I smiled as he danced. He was actually a pretty good dancer.
"Thanks," he said. And only then I realised I spoke out loud. God, so embarrassing. "You're also a pretty good dancer." He smirked and pulled me closer to him. I inhaled his scent and it reminded me of the gardens at the palace. I looked into his eyes and completely drowned into the chocolate coloured eyes. I put my arms around his neck and closed my hands together behind his head.
Words were lost on my tongue as he looked back at me, staring so deep into my eyes that I was sure he could stare right into my soul.
"Your eyes are so pretty..." the words left my mouth before I could stop them and I clamped my mouth shut. Why did I say that out loud? I clasped my hand before my mouth, only for Lewis to take it away again with his hand. He took it into his and looked deep in my eyes again.
He didn't say anything as he slowly bent down. Closing the gap between our faces. I kept looking at his eyes, not losing eye contact as he was only a few inches away. He looked at my mouth for a second before looking back up. "Can I?" His question didn't make sense, but I just nodded. He came closer and there was only an inch that kept our faces from each other. I closed my eyes and felt his breath on my lips.
I couldn't wait longer and put my hand on his face and locked our lips together.