Twenty one

If home could be a person, Lewis would be my home. No matter where we would travel to, I would still feel like I'm home. I had been feeling that for weeks now. And yesterday I finally expressed myself to Lewis after I had left him at the Portuguese grand prix.
I had stayed at his place all day yesterday. We caught up on what had happened after the race, and mostly just loved each other's company. But after dinner I had to return home. Of course Luke and Pete had found out about my 'morning walk' which actually was me going to Lewis, and they had left after breakfast. Since then I had been alone.
It was now early in the morning and I was laying in my bed as I memorised everything about yesterday. I had just woken up, but didn't feel like checking my messages or anything. I just wanted to lay in bed all day and daydream.
"Miss? Are you awake?" A male voice sounded from outside my room. Probably a guard.
"Yes. What is it?" I half-yelled to the person outside.
It stayed silent for a bit. "Her majesty is here to talk." I sat up at the words of the guard. My mother? Here to talk?
"Let her in." I said, half questioning if I was ready for whatever she was going to say. "Hey mom." I said as the queen walked into my room.
"Good morning, darling." She said as he walked over to my bed. "Slept well?" She sat down and brushed with her hand over my hair.
I nodded. "Why are you here?" I looked over at the clock. "It's only eight in the morning." I mentioned, as if my mother hadn't checked the time herself.
"I know. I just came to talk about something." She said with a smile. Something in her eyes shimmered, as if she was hoping to say something.
"Just spill it mom." I said as I let my hands go through my hair to get it a bit less messy.
"I hadn't really got any details from your dad, but since you were gone yesterday I assume things played out well?" She asked, casually pointing to Lewis.
"We're alright. I'm happy that dad gives us a chance after all." I smiled at my mom.
She squeezed my hand. "I'm happy for you darling. He seems like such a nice man. And I can't wait to see him tonight."
I raised an eyebrow at her comment. "Tonight?" I asked.
She had a stupid grin on her face. "We're throwing a ball. And you two are invited as special guests." Her eyes were shining at this point.
I shook my head as I laughed. "I don't even know if he has time to attend."
She squeezed my hand again. "Go meet him if he has time. You're still on rest and have no duties." She winked as she stood up from my bed. "And make sure he has a nice suit. He needs to impress me of course." She said with a grin as she turned around as she reached the door.
"Bye mom." I said with a sarcastic tone and rolled my eyes at her. She waved and then left the room, leaving me alone again.
I leaned over and got my phone from the side of my bed. I opened it and was greeted by a few texts  from Luke. He basically just spammed me by asking how it went and why I didn't answer.
I chuckled and replied to his messages with a thumbs up emoji, not giving him any tea as my mind was somewhere else right now.
Lewis' contact was on top as we texted after I got home for a few more hours. I wanted to stay at his place, but it somehow felt weird, even though he was my home, his home still felt like the wrong place to be. I was about to text him something when I got an incoming call.
"Goodmorning." I said as I answered the call with a smile.
"Good morning, love." Lewis said with his sleepy voice. My heart skipped a beat as I heard his voice again.
"Slept well?" I asked him to start the conversation a bit.
He grunted through the phone. "I had better nights. Most of them include you being asleep next to me."
I smiled at his comment. My stomach fluttered as the butterflies appeared again. "Flirt." I commented, which resulted in a chuckle from the other side of the line. "I have a question." I announced.
"Do tell." He said curiously.
"I have been invited to a ball this evening as a special guest. And you have been too."
It stayed silent for a bit. "How late shall I be there?" He asked after at least ten seconds.
I grinned from ear to ear. "I'll send you the details once I have them. What are your plans for today?" I asked. It was Tuesday, and normally he would fly to the next race on Wednesday morning. So today would probably be full of training for him.
"Just some gymtraining until the early afternoon, after that I'm going to the factory for some simulator training."
I sighed. "I guess I'll see you tonight then."
"I'm looking forward to it. Already have a dress in mind to wear?" He asked.
"You'll see it when you've arrived. I'll give you one hint, it'll be dark green." I had the dress in my closet for weeks now. And I had been looking forward to wearing it, but didn't have the chance to do so the last few weeks.
"You're making me dread going to the gym now." He said and he made me giggle.
"Go before Angela gets mad. I'll see you tonight." Angela was Lewis' trainer and assistant of course, so me being in his way wasn't making a good impression on her.
"See you tonight, Jude." And he ended the call.