Twenty

I sat down with my dad for another hour before I went to my room. I wanted to tell Lewis the news. But I lied to him. He would never forgive me. I don't even know if he wanted to talk right now...
My phone rang and I immediately accepted the call.
"Luke! Hey." I was so glad to hear his voice again.
"Hello, love. How are you?" Luke asked and I thought about what to say.
"Good, I guess. But I think I fucked things up with Lewis... I left, without a clear explanation. I lied to him, Luke."
It was silent on the other side of the line. "I think he'll forgive you, Jude. It's clear he loves you." Luke chuckled and I heard someone on the background.
"Who is with you?"
"Uhm... Pete. Yeah just Pete." He sounded off. What was wrong with Pete? I knew they were together.
It was silent for a few seconds. "My dad is giving us a chance. Lewis and I." It slipped out of my mouth and I immediately gasped. "Shit I wanted to keep it in. I need to talk to Lewis." I rambled and Luke just chuckled again.
"Go do that. You two are too perfect together. I'm rooting for you, love." He than hung up, leaving me all alone in my room again.
Thoughts immediately crawled into my mind. They were all about Lewis... will he forgive me? Does he want a second chance? What if he already moved on? In one day, no way right? But I heard him. He will never forgive me. I started to cry again. I fucked up, big time.
A knock on the door made me jump out of my thoughts. I was kinda confused and it took me a minute to come to the door and open it. "Luke?" I was surprised. I just called him?
"I haven't seen you in ages, girl!" He takes me in a hug and I smile as he puts his arms around me. Right now he's my only comfort. But his arms aren't the ones I want around me.
"What are you doing here? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you're here.. just surprised?" I chuckled and he pulled away from the hug.
"I thought you needed some friends now. So we came." We? Who did he mean?
"Hey Jude." Pete said from behind Luke.
"Hey Pete. Already back on your day off." I laughed and invited them in.
We all sat down on the sofa in my room and just started talking. "So you went to Luke and said what I did?" I asked Pete, quite in disbelief that he cared enough for me to go to someone for help.
"You just looked hopeless. I thought Luke would help a bit with your struggles." Pete answered and I melted from inside. He was so sweet
"How did you know it had to do with Lewis?" This started to feel like an interrogation.
"I heard it all... I'm so sorry you didn't tell him the truth, I get that you didn't want to, but he really deserves the truth." Pete said. And I nodded. Lewis deserved the world and I played with his heart. But in that moment I was panicking.
I told them exactly how I felt and how I got another chance now. We made a plan for when I would try and talk to him. But he for sure wouldn't be home this week since he had to go to Italy.. right? But what if I tried tomorrow? It was a Monday, no work for him. I could try at least.
After all the talk we decided to watch a movie. I got to chose the movie and of course it was a Disney movie again. They settled on my bed and were so darn cute, I kinda felt lonely. Guilt spread through my heart again and my throat hurt. This wasn't the time to cry. I was with my friends and I would talk with Lewis tomorrow. But I had no hope in him taking me back... not after me hurting his heart.
"You guys wanna sleep here? It's already night." The movie just ended and the two men were almost half asleep on my bed.
"That would be perfect." Luke said with his sleepy voice. "Should we make the couch ready to sleep on, Darling?" He asked Pete and my heart melted. They were really the cutest.
"You two do that, than I will go to sleep." I said and laid down on the middle of my bed as they both stood up.
They got some pillows and a blanket out of my closet and laid down on the couch. They put the light out and I was now just checking my messages. I deleted all my socials. I was getting bombed with messages from Portugal, everyone was going crazy because of me and Lewis.
Lewis. I wanted to text him, ask him if we was able to meet...
I looked at his profile picture. It was a photo of him and his dad when he won his first title. I smile at the picture. I remember that evening, we were laying on bed, both just minding their business until I noticed his profile picture.
"When was that?" He looked pretty young, had his hair shaved and he had that baby face.
"That was when I won my first title, I made that photo with my dad after we got the trophy." I smiled at the picture.
"You were so adorable when you were young." I locked my phone and turned to him. He was already at his side looking at me. His brown eyes met mine and I instantly felt loved. His eyes were filled with love.
And that was the moment I fell in love. It was last Friday, the evening before the qualification. I smile at the memory. It already felt like it was years ago, but it was only 3 days ago... God I missed him. And right now he wouldn't even talk to me. But I couldn't bare to not send something, so I did.
Jude: 'Hey, I get that you don't want to talk, but I need to apologise. And explain. Can you meet me tomorrow?'
And now to wait for a reply at.. 12:15 am. Well he won't answer, I was sure. But he was always full of surprises. So I was surprised when I saw his name on my screen.
Lewis: 'Hey, Yeah I'm back home so meet me there. I hope you have a good explanation for this.'
He sounded... not mad? More like a person who understood me, or was trying to.
Jude: 'Thank you, Lew. I'll come by at 10.'
And than I locked my phone and put it away. I had a smile on my lips, but would he forgive me? He at least gave me a chance to explain. That should be enough.