Hatching Day Part One

"Hi Qibli, how are you?"

"Good, what about you Moon?" The tan yellow dragon asked.

"Fine."

"Wait, your hatching day is tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah! You remembered?"

"Of course, Moon! I should be able to remember my girlfriend's special day, right?"

"True... WAIT WHAT DID YOU SAY!"

"Moon, I said that I should be able to remember my girlfriend's special day, right?"

"Oh, okay! WHAT! YOUR GIRLFRIEND?"

"Yeah, Moon! Do I need to repeat myself?"

"No... but when did we agree that I was your girlfriend?"

"Just now!"

"So, you are now my boyfriend?" Moon asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes, I believe that is how it works, Moon."

"I like that..." she said, flying dreamily into the night sky. When Moon got home she crashed into her moss bed, going through the day's events.

Moon was up bright and early the next morning. She went outside of her cave and saw an unexpected visitor.

"Hey, happy hatching day!" He said, giving Moon a gold box," I got you a present!"

"Why thank you Qibli."

Moon opened the box and inside were two full moon necklaces.

"I love them, but why did you get me two?"

"I got you two so you can give one to someone else."

"Oh, Qibli!" Moon exclaimed handing him a necklace.

"Um, I meant someone like Kinkajou, but this is better!"

"So, what are you doing to Qibli?"

"Oh, um, I wanted to hang out with you."

"Where to?"

"Anywhere, except my oasis!"

"Why?"

"Um, no reason!" He chuckled.

"Qibli?!"

"Fine! There is, um, some, uh, construction going on."

"What for?"

"Oh, I'm setting up a few guest houses for our friends and you!"

"Sure........." They flew around, hunting, for a while. Eventually, they went, yes, went, to Qibli's Oasis.

"What are we doing here?"

"Just checking on the construction!"

"Where are the new huts?"

"Oh, today was the day when they surveyed the land! They must already have finished." Qibli flashed a grin at Moon. Just then all of Moon's friends jumped out from their hiding spots in the surrounding trees.

"Surprise!" They shouted. Moon smiled, looking shocked. There was cake, meat and fruit. The party was fun and she loved it. Soon it was time for presents. 

The first one was from Kinkajou. Moon slowly unwrapped the leaf package. Inside the leaves was a wooden box. The box had a few air holes so Moon was very curious. When Moon lifted the top off of it she gasped. It was a sloth. The sloth had glinting silver fur, shiny like the sun reflecting off a river. Its eyes were a caramel brown and radiated warmth.

The next gift was from Turtle. It was wrapped up in dried kelp, which was of a blackish hue, and had three glistening pearls, like moons on a night sky. Sometimes, depending on how Moon tilted the package, it looked as if there were stars too. When she opened it she looked at Turtle, hoping for an explanation.

"Oh, um it's a rock that has access to all books of the world. It's kind of like our library card at school but it works everywhere and is animus enchanted. I enchanted it to have book suggestions and if you say a book you want it will put it at a library so you can either pick it up or have it sent to you. But, the coolest part is that instead of a dragon flying it to you it just teleports and when you need to give it back to the library it zaps itself there!" He tells Moon.

"Oh, that makes sense!" She exclaimed, very excited to try this out. The next gifts were from Peril, Winter, and the group that traveled to Pantala. After that, it was the Dragonets of Destiny and Moon's mom.

Finally, it was Qibli's turn. He gave Moon a small note. It read;

I have a gift for you. You shall soon see, at five o'clock meet me at the dune sea.