Winter

While Moon was away shopping in Possibility Winter had traveled back to Sanctuary. It was almost done and the scavenger habitat proved a great idea. Winter had tours of the place, presentations, and an interactive experience with the scavengers. In addition to that he had scavenger talks, where he explained all he knew about scavengers, he even had experts come in occasionally, and he taught all dragons to refer to them as humans, something he still had a hard time doing himself.

But today was one of his days off. He normally spent those chilling with his friends from the Sanctuary and helping the construction crews. This day he was helping a crew with a new doctor's office. Just recently the people of Sanctuary had welcomed a new medic and were hoping to help them adjust by building a workspace as soon as possible.

"Winter!"

"Yes, Mineral?" Winter asked the MudWing in charge. Mineral and his sib, Mahogany, came to Sanctuary soon after they found out about the plans for the city. The rest of their sibs had died in The War of SandWing Succession, so they sought out a place where they could be safe even without their bigwings.

"You see that pile of bricks in the cart over there? Can you grab them?"

"Uh, sure," Winter strode over to the cart and started to wheel it to the brown and gray dragon. As he pushed it he looked up at the sky, and to his surprise, he saw a wing of dragons. And they weren't just any dragons. They. Were. IceWings.

IceWings rarely ever flew over these parts, and never this many. He arrived at where Mineral was stationed and handed the cart over.

"Thanks, Winter," Winter nodded, still staring up at the sky in wonder.

"Are any of those Icewings your friends?" Mineral asked.

"I don't know, I was kinda exiled from the kingdom and haven't seen anyone from there in about two years."

"Why don't you go check it out?"

"Can I?"

"I don't see why not, you're doing this work by choice,"

"Okay, thanks!" Mineral nodded as Winter took off into the sky. The icy wind bit Winter's scales and he smiled. He remembered how glad he was when I found out that Sanctuary was going to be at the base of some mountains. He knew that it wouldn't be that cold at the bottom but the closer he got to the top the colder it would be.

He kept flying and eventually caught up with the IceWing group. He quickly glanced around before spotting Queen Snowfall, but his eyes kept drifting. Soon he spotted Lynx. She was talking to a pretty dragon that was about their age.

"Lynx!" He called to her.

"Winter?" Winter flew over to Lynx. They started chatting and catching up, for it had been a while since they had last seen each other. While they were talking Winter couldn't help staring at Snowfang. She had violet freckles and a light blue base. Her spikes started at a whitish blue but then faded to a grayish purple. He was ensnared by her eyes though. They were a deep lavender and they mesmerized him. At one point she glanced over to him, and his eyes widened, his face heating up like a SandWing's scales. 

"So who's your friend?"

"Oh, I forgot to introduce you! Winter this is Snowfang, Snowfang meet ex-prince Winter, banished from the IceWings even though he brought home Hailstorm."

"I am still a prince, just currently not able to return to the Ice Kingdom. Like, if all the heirs to the throne suddenly vanished and I had a daughter then she could take the throne. Or the next queen could un-banish me."

"That sounds so simple," Lynx stated sarcastically.

"So what are all these dragons doing?" Winter asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, there is a meeting between all of the tribes on Pyrrhia and for some reason, each queen had to bring a wing of dragons that are essential to the kingdom."

"So, no offense but what makes the both of you essential?"

"Ouch, but I am Queen Snowfall's most trusted advisor, and Snowfang is one of the best generals in all of Pyrrhia. She's the best in the kingdom," Winter eyed Lynx skeptically.

"Most trusted advisor?"

"Yes!"

"And aren't you a little young to be a war general?"

"Yes." She deadpanned.

"Okay..."

"Anyway, I am still hurt by your comment Winter." He only smirked, but then a question popped into his mind.

"Is Hailstorm here?"

"Yes, you two have a lot to catch up about! He is over there, next to Snowfall."

"Thanks!" Winter said, ignoring the fact that he was flying next to the same queen who banished him. He flew to the front of the squad and tapped Hailstorm's shoulder.

"Winter?" Snowfall and Hailstorm turned around.

"Yeah," 

"How is life little bro?"

"Fine. How is your life?"

"It's great,"

"What's been happening?"

"Oh, nothing much,"

"Lynx told me that you had a lot of things to tell me." He frowned.

"Like what?"

"You tell me,"

"I've just been living my life,"

"Wait, I thought Lynx said you liked..."

"WHAT? WHO DOES HE LIKE?"

"I'm with Winter on this one. WHAT? WHO DO I LIKE?"

"She said you liked Polar," The young queen sniffed.

"Who is Polar?" Winter and Hailstorm asked.

"I don't know, but I believe her,"

"Why?"

"Because she is my most trusted advisor."

"Well, I don't like anyone."

"You sure?" Queen Snowfall asked.

"Yes, I am aroace."

"Oh," Winter and Snowfall breathed then nodded. Snowfall glanced back in front of them and saw the sky palace.

"You should probably head back to Sanctuary, it's getting late," Hailstorm stated.

"Okay. Before I leave, awkward sibling hug?"

"Sincere sibling hug," The siblings embraced each other.

"Pat Pat," They said in sync and Winter flew off. He said goodbye to Lynx and Snowfang. On his way back he thought about Snowfang. He already was in awe of her strength and beauty, but didn't think much of it. 

Somebody's in love, A voice in his head told him.

Yeah, right, I just think Snowfang is cool, okay? It's not like I lay awake at night thinking about her, He assured himself. He got home quickly, then made dinner, and got into bed.

Oh, no, He realized.