«4»

————————————————————————
California, Reseda
September 4th
Thursday
————————————————————————

7:00am

After I woke up and got dressed, I headed out into the kitchen to put all my books I needed for the day inside.

'Shit.' I mutter, remembering I left it all the way back in Encino, outside in the rain.

After quickly thinking for a few seconds, I decide just to just carry my books to school this morning.

"Good morning honey, sleep well?" Ma asks, placing my plate on the table in front of me.

"Sort of." I respond.

"Are you gonna speak to that boy today?" She asks, speaking a bit too loudly.

"Ma!" I whisper-yell, nodding my head towards Daniel's room.

"Oh, right, sorry, well are you going to speak to him?" She asks again, sitting down on the opposite side of the table.

"I don't think he wants see me again Ma, let alone talk to me. " I look down at my food and start picking out bits to eat.

"I'm sure he will, where's your bag?" She looks at my books all piled up on the coffee table.

"I left it at his house." I complain.

"Well at least there's a reason to speak to him now."

"Morning Ma." Daniel says, coming out of his room.

Ma gives him his breakfast as he takes her seat across from me.

"Who you talking to today?" He asks.

"No-one." I reply, giving Ma a glare, knowing she spoke too loudly.

"Sure about that?" He stares at me.

"Yes."

"I'm gonna head off to work, I'll see you two later!" She gives us a kiss before running out the door, leaving me to handle this conversation alone.

"You got boy problems?" Daniel asks.
"Who with?"

"No-one Daniel, just leave me alone! I haven't got any boy problems!" I head to my room to put my shoes on, grabbing my books and leaving for school.

As I'm halfway down the road, Daniel runs up to me, toast in one hand, bag in the other.

"Y/n what happened?" He asks, putting his arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him so he can take a bite of his toast

"Nothing happened Daniel."

"Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't lie to you." I say, only lying to him to protect myself against him shouting at me from last night's events.

When we get to school I head to homeroom and sit down in my seat, next to Johnny; One of the last people I want to sit next to right now. 

I get out one of my books from my pile and decide it's better to just study and ignore the boys.

"Y/n." I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to Johnny who's holding my bag.

"Oh, thanks." I say, slightly confused as I take the bag from him.
"Where did you get this?"

"I found it outside Bobby's house last night." He responds bluntly.

"Do you have my project as well?"