«10»

————————————————————————
California, Reseda
June 19th
Friday
————————————————————————

6 months later
10:30pm
Y/n Pov

"Oh come on, It wasn't even that good." Daniel huffs, flopping down on the couch.

We had just got back from our Senior Prom, which was a calm experience compared to the weeks we spent studying and sitting our exams, but thankfully it was finally Summer.

"Just because Ali's made some new friends while she had induction at UCLA doesn't mean it's the end of your life Danny."

Ali met some of her old friends at UCLA, the college she's deciding to go to next semester and Daniel, as usual, jumped to conclusions and decided that Ali had moved on and fell in love with a random footballer she just met.

"Well she barely knows this guy, and she's decided that he's better than me? Now I have to spend all summer seeing them together." He crosses his arms leaning back on the couch.

"Actually change of plans." Ma interrupts, coming in and sitting on the couch next to us.
"I just got picked for my company to go out and work in Fresno for two months."

"What!" Me and Daniel both shout at the same time.

"I'm not spending my summer in Fresno with no friends Ma."

"We haven't even had a summer here yet."

"Calm down! Both of you, it's not like it's a completely different state, it's 4 hours away at most and you can see your friends at the end of summer." Ma pleads.

"I can't believe this." I sigh.

I wanted to spend my entire summer with Bobby and the girls but now I have to spend my summer in a hotel room being occupied by Daniel who's going to be ranting about Ali the entire time.

"Please guys, this is a big opportunity for me, I don't want to waste it."

"When do we leave?" Daniel asks.

"Tomorrow afternoon." Ma bites her nail, knowing we're both going to freak out again.

"This is ridiculous." Daniel gets up and heads for the door, putting his shoes back on.

"Come on Daniel, let's just talk about it please." Ma pats the couch for him to come sit back down.

"No, no I don't wanna talk about it, plus I gotta take the car back to Mr Miyagi anyway." He says before slamming the door shut.

"Y/n-"

"I'm happy for you Ma, I really am but, It's not fair." I say, getting up from my seat and slamming my bedroom door shut.

I sit down at my desk, head in my hands and thinking of a way to get out of going to the other side of California for my Summer.

I dial Ali's number on the phone, hoping that I could crash at her place for a bit.

"Hello, Mills Residence." Someone says through the phone.