«5»

————————————————————————
California, Reseda
October 31st
Friday
————————————————————————

11:45am
History class

It's been a few weeks since the incident, and Daniel hasn't spoken to me once, not even a smile.

But it's fine because, me and Bobby have been hanging out after school every day, building our relationship.

I drift my focus back onto my teacher rambling on and on about the bubonic plague or something, when Ali slides a folded piece of paper across the desk to me.

You wanna come shopping for costumes then help set up for the dance? It says.

I'll help set up, but I can't afford a costume at the moment, so i'm wearing normal clothes :) I write, and pass it back to her.

No! Don't wear normal clothes, i'll buy you a costume. she writes, I look up at her and shake my head.

She mouths 'yes' and nods her head, deciding i'll never get to turn down the offer, I just mouth 'thank you'.

————————————————————————

3:00pm

After school, me and Ali headed to the mall in Encino to pick out our costumes.

"Do you think Daniel will come?" She asks me, as we look at all of the costumes.

"I doubt it, he knows that i'm going so he won't want to see me." I say, looking at various costumes.

"Y/n he's your brother, he doesn't hate you." She assures me.

"Ali, he hasn't spoken to me for a month!"

"He'll come around eventually."
"Look at this one!" She changes the subject, holding up a white Queen costume.

"That's cute." I respond, continuing to scan over all the costumes.

"Okay, let's find you one now!" We browse up and down, until Ali finds a white dress with hearts flooding the skirt and 'boy toy' written on the bottom of the corset.

"Madonna!" I shout excitedly, recognising the costume.

"You have to go as Madonna!" Ali passes the dress to me to try on.

We go to the changing rooms and I put the dress on and the matching viel, it also came with a microphone and lacy arm gloves.

"You look amazing!" We both say as we see each others costumes.

"Come on, lets go pay and we can go help set up!"

Ali pays for the costumes and we drop them off at her house, before heading to the school. Ali blows up the balloons, and I tape them to the walls and edges of the tables.

"What happened with you and Daniel?" Susan asks me.

"She was banging his bully." Barbara jokes, and I playfully hit her.