«9»

————————————————————————
California, Encino
December 19th
Sunday
————————————————————————

Y/n Pov
9:00am

"Daniel it's the big day c'mon!" Ma shouts, frantically banging on his door.

I heard some moving around from outside, crossing my fingers I wouldn't be waked as early as this.

"Y/n!"

There it is.

"I'm coming!" I shout back, throwing off my covers and dragging myself out of bed.

I get dressed into some comfy clothes but still looking presentable, then do my hair and makeup.

I head out to the kitchen, Ma giving Daniel a pep talk but I can hardly understand what she's saying at the speed of her speech.

"Ma calm down, I'm gonna be okay it's no contact." Daniel assures her.

I make myself some toast, spreading a thick layer of strawberry jam over the top, leaning against the counter when the phone rings.

Ma sprints forward to pick it up, probably hoping the tournaments been called off.

"Hello?"
"Oh hi, Bobby." She turns to smirk at me, continuing the conversation before I snatch it off of her.

"Hey." I sigh, taking a bite of my toast.

"Hey, you coming to the tournament today?" He asks, his raspy morning voice making my heart beat pace.

"Of course I am!"

"You need a ride?"

"Nah it's okay, I'll probably go with Daniel and Mr Miyagi being as I have to support him."

"Wow, not cheering for me?" His voice squeaks jokingly.

"Of course I'll be cheering for Daniel and all the Cobra's as long as you behave."

"Well maybe, I'll be naughty." He mutters seductively.

"Bobby!" I whisper-shout.
"Ma is standing about three metres away, behave." He chuckles lowly.

"Sorry princess."
"I gotta go get ready, I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye." I smile, knowing even though he can't see me.

"Bye gorgeous."

I hang up the phone, sitting on the couch next to Daniel slinging my arm around his shoulder.

"You nervous?" I ask, turning to him while he stays facing forward.

"Am I nervous?" He laughs.
"Y/n, I'm gonna have to fight every boy I'm afraid of in this entire valley, of course I'm nervous."

"You're gonna do great, and if you don't, well then you suck."

He turns to me with eyebrows furrowed, before huffing and shaking his head.