five

rafael
so rose wants us to talk later today, are you going to show up?

bonnie
i have to, right? i can't let you deal with this alone

rafael
what are we going to say?

bonnie
i don't know, rafe.

rafael
should we tell her the truth?

bonnie
are you crazy? no! let's just say that i came over to see sarah because i was coming back from the beach. let's say i had wet clothes and you gave me some of yours? that it's not what it looks like?

rafael
you are the worst liar ever. she will never believe that! i'm surprised she hasn't told my dad

bonnie
same. my parents would be mad as fuck. though, they would probably shove it in my face that we were destined for each other

rafael
rose hasn't looked at me since. when you left, thanks by the way, it was awkward as hell. she just went to her room and i shut my door.

bonnie
i'm sorry but i was not going to stay there after that

rafael
do we just say that we've been dating for a while and now after like a month we 'break up'

bonnie
will she believe it?

rafael
maybe? better to try right?

bonnie
if this doesn't work, we're never fucking again, you got it?

rafael
yes princess.

i throw my phone down on my bed and pace my room. bobby scratched my door and i let her in.

"bon?!" my mom shouts

"yeah?" i say and she comes up the stairs

"rose called." she say and i swear i felt my heart drop, "she needs some help at her house, so she asks if you can go over." she asks and i nod.

she leaves my room and i change out of my clothes. i haven't been over the cameron's in almost a week. i've been blowing sarah and wheezie off, saying that i'm busy.

i grab my jacket and head out

i walk over and knock on the door, to which rafe opens and i send an awkward smile his way.

he grabs ahold of my hand and i frown.

"we're dating, right?" he seethes through his teeth and i groan and roll my eyes.

rose comes into view and i smile over at her. she looks down at our hands and i pray to god that our plan works

"i've made dinner. it's just the three of us." she says and heads to the dining room.

"this better fucking work, rafe or i swear to god, i would murder you. and believe me i know how to do it." i say and squeeze his hand and drag him to follow.

i sit down opposite rafe and rose sits at the head of the table. rafe begins to eat his food and rose sips her wine.

i look towards rafe and then towards rose

"lovely curtains rose-" i attempt to compliment

"i think we should talk about the elephant in the room." she speaks up and i look down at the table. "i thought you guys don't even like each other. since i met you guys, you bickered all the time." she says and i look at him and widen my eyes and signal for him to talk. he does the same to me and we carry on

"we're dating." rafe says and i close my eyes. "have been for about 3 months. secret obviously." he says and i nod at rose.

"yep. we didn't want to say anything, you know my mom. remember jack? she scared him away by talking about marriage! she would be planning a wedding by now if she knew. so we wanted to keep it on the down low." i explain and she nods.

"we don't want anyone to know rose." rafe says and i look at him and nod. "please don't tell anyone at least not until we're ready." he says and i look at her, then i sip on the water.

"okay." she says and i let out a breath of relief. "one condition." she says and i look at her

"do you really think the curtains are nice because ward says he doesn't like them?" she says and i let out a laugh

"no yeah, they're gorgeous, they match the wood perfectly." i say and she nod with a smile and we eat.

it's not that awkward, just comftable as not a word has been spoken.

"rafe, drive her home." rose says and i attempt to refuse but rafe takes the keys and holds my lower back.

"you really didn't have to." i say and he starts the car.

"we have to play the part." he says and i nod. it's silent on the ride back. he gets me home and i turn over to him.

"so in exactly a month, we break up?" i ask and he nods

"well not exactly, like roughly. it would be a bit of a coincidence to break up exactly." he says and i nod.

"okay, well goodbye rafael." i say and leave the car.

"goodbye bonnie." he says and i reach my door and wave at him. i open my door and my mom comes toward me.

"since when was you and rafe friends?" she says and i groan

"we're not, rose made him take me home." i say and she raises her brows

"so why we're you both smiling?" she says and i frown

"why are you stalking me?" i say and go to my room with bobby.

my whole life is a bit of a mess right now.

shit