twelve

i wake up to multiple texts.

pop eye!
hey, i just wanted to text you and say i'm really sorry about the other week. jj had no right to act like that.

bon!
it's all good pope, don't sweat it.

pop eye!
we should definitely hang out again some time though, if you're up to it?

bon!
yeah, i'm a bit busy lately though but yes, for sure.

kie
hey, i'm really sorry for not backing you up the other week.

bon
yeah it's okay, don't worry about it.

kie
pope told me that you guys have just talked, we should all hang out when you're free.

bon
yeah of course.

rafael
hey princess

rafael
wake up

rafael
bonnie, answer me

bonnie
what's up?

rafael
come to the yacht

bonnie
rafe, i'm on my period rn

rafael
not for sex, i want to take you out again.

bonnie
oh, okay. i'll be there in 10

i was way longer than 10 minutes.

"you're late." he says as he sees me walk up the the yacht.

"sorry." i say as he helps me up onto the boat.

he heads up to the engine and i follow.

"you want to drive it?" he asks and i nod.

"i don't know what i'm doing." i warn as i head over to the wheel.

he stands behind me and guides my hands and i laugh as i do it.

"this is fun! go faster!" i say excitedly

"ah, maybe just stay at this speed right now. i don't want to ruin this, i don't have a death wish." he says with a laugh and i lean the became of my head into his chest.

he stops the boat and takes my hand.

he shows me the picnic he set up at the front of the deck and i smile at him.

"this is so cute rafe." i say and take a seat on the blanket. he sits opposite me and i look in the basket.

"grapes!" i squeal and he laughs. i snack on them for a while whilst he eats some chocolate and he talks to me about how he's been sober for a while.

"i'm so proud of you, rafe." i say and he looks down.

"i still get cravings. a lot of the time, but i just think of you and they disappear." he says and i smile at him.

i kiss his cheek and then continue to eat some snacks in the basket.

i get out my phone and move closer to rafe.

"we're taking a picture, right now." i tell him and he looks up at the phone. i smile and he kisses my cheek. i giggle and tell him to do a funny face

i stick my tongue out and go cross eyed whilst he brings out his double chin. i laugh at the photo and then say to do a cute one

i do a peace sign and pour slightly and he smiles cheesily. he then turns to me and grabs my phone, he then grabs me by the face and kisses my lips and takes a photo.

we look at each other for a while and i then turn to look at the pictures we taken.

i tuck my hair behind my ear and show him my favourite. it's the first one we took. he says the last one is his favourite and i smile at him.

"this is weird. this isn't a fake relationship. i've read books, i know what that's like. this isn't it." i tell him and he smiles at my seriousness

"tell me how it's meant to be then." he says and i go on a rant about how we act.

"first, when we're alone, we still act like a couple. secondly, i think about you all the time. when i'm alone, i think of you. when i'm with my friends, you're on my mind. thirdly, you just told me that i'm keeping you sober. that's something you would do for your girlfriend and we're faking it. also-" i get cut off by rafe kissing my lips deeply. i get lost, forgetting my train of thoughts and kiss him back. i hold the side of his face and he holds the back do my neck.

"then let's be the real thing." he says as we break apart.

"but what about college?" i ask and he shrugs with a small smile

"we will figure it out. i know it." he says and i smile.

"okay. rafael cameron, will you be my boyfriend?" i say with a small giggle

"bonnie wilkins, i would be honoured." he mumbles and kisses me once again.

we arrive back at his house and we go into his room to binge watch the kardashians.

"khloe is my favourite" he says and i turn to face him.

"good choice! mines scott." i say and he laughs.

"you mean lord disick." he says and i gasp, "i've watched the kardashians already." he admits and i laugh at him and hit his chest

"no fucking way!" i say and laugh

"rose made me watch it with her because my dad refused to, and she wanted to talk to someone about it." he admits shyly and i smile

"that's so cute, oh my!" i say and rest my head back onto his chest.