nine

"did you even try?" i ask and he nods.

"i promise princess! i did. i'm sorry!" he says and i shake my head and hug him.

it's been a week and rafe has just told me he relapsed. i'm not mad, just a bit disappointed.

"as long as you tried. how long ago did you do it?" i ask and he hugs me tightly.

"last night. i'm sorry." he apologises and i look up at him.

"it's okay. we can always try again. but when you feel like you're going to do it, please tell me. maybe i can prevent it." i say and he nods, kissing my forehead.

my mom comes in and pauses at the image in front of her.

"you guys good?" she asks referring to the shouting that was happening earlier.

"yeah." i say and keep hugging him, closing my eyes.

"i just worried her last night when i didn't reply to her message." he partially lies. that was one reason, then he told me why he ignored them.

"oh bon, he has a life too you know?" my mom says and i nod into his chest.

"i know." i whisper and finally let go of him.

"wanna go to my room?" i ask and he nods and i take his hand.

we get into my room and bobby comes too. she jumps onto the bed next to rafe and he strokes her softly as i play my vinyls. i decide to play my lesley gore one.

i sing along softly to the music as i join rafe and bobby.

"i'm sorry bon." he says and i smile over at him

"it's okay rafe. i promise you." i say and he kisses my forehead. i go over to my vanity and begin to do my makeup.

it's 9:26am and rafe came over pretty early. honestly if rafe wasn't here, i would still be sleeping.

i put concealer over my pimples that have been coming, this implies that my period is on its way and i groan at the thought.

"what's up, princess?" he asks and i look at him through my mirror

"nothing." i say with a smile and he nods, still playing with bobby.

i blend my makeup out, and apply some blush. i do my mascara and lip balm shortly afterwards and i braid my hair into simple braids.

i spray myself with perfume, a variety of them.

"wanna grab some breakfast?" he offers and i nod at him and get up. i grab my shoes and put them on and head out. i kiss bobby bye and say bye to my mom.

we get in his car and he begins to drive out of the island. we end up at a local cafe within a few minutes.

we sit down and a waiter comes over and asks for some drinks.

"i'll have an iced coffee." i order and he writes it down

"i'll take a black coffee." he says and the waiter leaves whilst we look at our menus.

"what you thinking princess?" he asks and i smile at him, "waffles? seriously? that's all you get." he says and i shrug

"what about you?" i ask and he looks through.

"maybe the eggs and bacon." he says and i put my thumbs up for him to smile, which fades when i do a 180 and blow a raspberry.

"ha ha. very funny." he says and i lean my face on my hand.

the waiter comes back with our drinks and we give him our orders.

we talk about how we're going to break up, what excuse to come up with and we agree that me going to college is the best one. that means we have to wait at least a month before summer ends to end our 'relationship'

our food arrives and we eat and talk about random things.

rafe pays and i thank him. we head back into OBX when an engine revs behind us. it's the twinkie.

i tell him to pull over and he does it, but frowns as he does.

the twinkie pulls to a stop and i get out and hug kie.

"it's been forever!" she says and i agree.

"we have to sleep over one day. i'm sorry i've been so distant." i say and she shrugs it off also saying she's been the same.

jj comes into view and i hug him tightly and he spins me around, making me giggle and i hear a slam of a door.

"rafe. we all should hang out one day?" i ask him and he pushes me away from jj.

"rafe? what's going on?" i ask and jj glares at him. pope comes beside me.

"him and jj have some kind of beef. i wouldn't get in between it." he says and i grab rafes hand.

"come on rafe, let's go home." i say and he continues to glare at jj .

"wait, are you guys a thing?" jj asks and i look at him.

"yeah. we are." rafe says and i look up at rafe, he looks down at me and i smile.

"you're dating this dick bon? seriously?" jj says and i close my eyes

"jj, stop. don't talk about him like that." i say and he scoffs

"i thought you were better than the rest of the kooks. turns out you're exactly like them." he says and gets into the van. i stand there, gobsmacked. pope sends me a smile and i return one.

"let's go bon." rafe says and i stand still as i watch the twinkie disappear out of sight.

rafe grabs my arm and i shake out of his grip, going to the car by myself.

the ride back was silent.

"do you wanna go home?" he asks and i look at him.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't of taken it out on you." i say and he shakes his head

"not your fault. i shouldn't of came out of the car." he says and i smile

"i'm glad you was there. i like having you by my side." i say and he holds my thigh. "plus it would be better if they knew know then finding out some other way."

"and no. i want to go to your place. i want to see the girls." i say and rolls his eyes.

"so i won't even see you at my own house?" he asks and i shake my head with a giggle. "god damn, they gonna steal my girl."