chapter 9.

Today was the day I finally get out of this hell hole. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my phone, texting Tim that it was ok to come in now. A few minutes later Tim walks in with a wheelchair. "I'm not doing that." I was talking with my hands again and Tim noticed "calm down, I talked to them about it. You don't have to if you don't want to" he let out a small chuckle as I sighed and a smile found its way to my lips.

I put my shoes on and started to walk out of the hospital after Tim signed me out.

~~~~

"Tim I'm fine, I wanna go back to work!"  Tim didn't want me to go back to work but I told him I was fine and capable of going back to work even thought its only been 2 days of being out of the hospital, I was fine. "No, you're staying here and resting." I sighed and grabbed my bag 'I'm going back to work. I'm not just gonna stay here while people commit crimes and die.'  I thought to myself as I grabbed my keys and helmet "where are you going?" I turned around and looked him dead in the eyes "work." I then turned back around and opened the door, totally ignoring Tim. I out my helmet on and put my keys in the ignition, starting up my motorcycle and driving away to work.

~~~~

I parked in my spot and took my keys and helmet with me. As I walked up the small steps to the elevators I heard someone walking up behind me, they were quite but not quite enough. Quickly turning around and taking out my gun, pointing it at the person I soon realized it was Sargent Grey. 'Oh shit...' He put his hands up in surrender "sorry sir..." I lower my off duty gun and put it back in its place "why are you here? You're supposed to be resting at home."  I lower my head slightly "I know its just I can't stay at home and get babied by Tim all day." He frowned "c'mon Roxy let's go." I look up as he walked away to the elevators "sir?" He turned around "well if you're going to be here might as well work." My eyes lit up at his words and I quickly rushed to the elevators and got in beside him.

We got out of the elevators and I started walking towards the locker rooms. Once inside I quickly got into uniform and put on my belt. As I was putting my guns in there spots Lucy walked in. "Hey Roxy!" She exclaimed "hey luc." I shut my locker and went to go do my hair.

I walked into roll call and everybody started clapping 'dear god, help me.' I thought to myself as I sat down next to Tim. He had his arms crossed and I think I saw him roll his eyes at me 'what the fuck is his problem? ' I focused on Sargent Grey as he was talking. Today is the day our rookies get their short sleeves. "Alright stay safe out there!" Sargent Grey said and we all got up as I was about to talk to my rookie Tim stopped me "didn't I day you needed to rest." I rolled my eyes then responded "and I told you im fine." I gave his check a quick kiss then went over to Jackson and give him his new uniform

After Jackson got back he loaded the shop "thank you Jackson." I said as I got into the passenger side. He gave me a weird look as if I did smoothing wrong "what?" He smiled and shook his head slightly. "You never thank me for loading the shop." I smiled "well that's because you were my rookie now you're my partner." His face lit up when I said partner and then he closed my door and got in the driver side, I handed him the keys and then we left.

~~~~

Our shift was finally over, as Jackson was parking our shop, I took out my phone to see if I had any notifications. Surprisingly I didn't. Jackson turned off the shop and got out as I did the same. I rushed to the locker rooms and started to change when I noticed nyla walk in. "Hey girl, wanna go get some drinks?" Nyla asked as she took off her duty belt and slipped off her uniform. " I'll ask Tim" she nodded and headed to the showers and so did I.

After my shower I got dressed and did my hair, curling it just the way I like it. I unplugged my curling  iron and put it back in my locker when it was cooled off.  I walked out to find Tim talking to Angela, I walked over to them. "Hey Tim, Nyla ask me if I could go out for drinks. Can I go?" I asked with puppy eyes that I knew he wouldn't resist "fine. But don't stay out too late." I smiled and jumped in his arms "thank you thank you thank you!" I rushed back to nyla and grabbed her hand as we speed walked to my bike. I handed nyla my helmet "put it on." She looked at me worried "dont worry I got chu, you're gonna be fine" I smiled at her as she put the helmet on, I grabbed my keys and not long after we were pulling up to a club.

We got inside and I ordered a whiskey, neat and nyla ordered a beer. After we had a few drinks, I was still sober because I knew I would be driving us home. "C'mon let dance!" Nyla pulled me to the dance floor and we started dancing together.

We were there for only 2 hours when I got a call from my sister 'why is lexi calling, we haven't talk in like forever' I  thought to myself as I answered the call.

Roxy: Lexi! What's up lil sis?

Lexi: I need your help!

I started to panic as I headed her crying.

Roxy: where are you?

Lexi: I don't know!

I heard her start to panic as I walked to the bathrooms

Roxy: sis I need you to look around and tell me what you see. Can you do that for me?

Lexi: I see a munch of trees and logs. I think I'm in the woods. Rox please help I dont know where I am!

I heard a loud scream then the call went dead. I started to panic as I rushed back to nyla. " nyla! We have to go. Now!" I pulled nyla out the door of the club and put the helmet on her. I got on and she did the same. I quickly pulled her arms around my waist and started to drive to the station.

A/N

Y'all I can't believe this book is in the top 5! Even better its #1!😭💚 I love y'all so much💚💚💚💚

Word count: 1187