Chapter 70: Musical Diversion

Rozemyne POV:

I kept hugging Tuuli for a few more minutes. For around 30 minutes and after those Tuuli slowly stood up while tightly holding Nahenlicht. She stepped on the floor and noiselessly walked to the door. When she turned the knob I could feel our parents noticing it and walking over to Tuuli. At first they just looked at her and afterwards they gave her a big hug. 

"All's good now, you have your sword back now ,Tuuli" comforted Gunther. But Tuuli started sobbing after hearing it while saying "He .... He took my sword, I just couldn't let him ... But Rimuru would have given it back, so now it was meaningless .... and  .... it ... my actions just started a problem."

"You just wanted to get your sword, your property back, that's no crime" rationalized Gunther unexpectedly "Even though he's a noble, we're still in Tempest here is equality. So there's no problem" concluded Effa.

"But what about when we go back to Ehrenfest? I'm Rozemynes Guard knight so I'll come into contact with other nobles and that noble is a guard knight of Wilfried as well which means I'll come into contact again. That is a problem." said Tuuli. 

'That is a problem. I can't just continue living here as the Archduke's daughter I'll have to go back one time. Oh, that's right my rank.' "You can't forget my current position. I outrank him by probably a lot and the sword was even infused with my magicules alongside it being a gift from Hakuro and Benimaru. That means it's like he tries to steal the gift that was given by three persons who far outrank him. Anyway let's just forget it for now and do something fun"

'I need a distraction some fun entertainment. What's there?' Wait I get a [Thought Communication] from Rimuru 'Hello Rozemyne, is everything alright with Tuuli? She stormed out of the Colosseum pretty quickly.' 'We managed to calm her down,but ... Do you have a good distraction?'  'Hmm, today there's another concert. But are Tuuli and you still going to attend the Reflection Meeting tonight?' 'Yeah, sure.'

"Hey Tuuli, I'm going to go to a concert today, can you tag along?" The reaction of Tuuli was just a simple nod but our parents reaction was a knowing smile. After all they knew I had no such plan up until now.

I take out the communication stone of Florencia to contact her in order to make the necessary arrangements. 'Florencia?' 'Yes ... Is it about Tuuli?' 'Uhm yeah, I want to distract her and hoped that you would help me arrange a concert visit today?' 'Oh good I was thinking of doing the same. I'm going to let my attendant know to increase the number of tickets.' 'Is Wilfried going to come as well? Because that would be troublesome' 'He won't, he's not that interested in music.' 'Ok, thank you. How should I dress? Like at the banquet or more normal like today?' 'The dress from the banquet should be good enough. How many more tickets should I reserve?' 'Hmm Tuuli and me so 2 should do.' 'Ok, I'll see you there?'

"Good I organized the tickets, now let's talk about the wardrobe." But before I could continue talking there was a knock on the door. It was Damuel.

I was surprised after opening the door. He's still here? "You can go now Damuel. Tuuli is going to accompany to the concert today so you can have the rest of the day off." "As you wish" answered Damuel while bowing after which he promptly left.

After a few minutes Florencia started thinking back to me 'The tickets are bough the concert starts in 2 and a half hours so you have enough time to get ready, start now' 'Ok'

After the message Tuuli and I started to prepare ourselves, Effa naturally helped me. When I was done Tuuli was already waiting for me with a fresh face with no signs of the earlier sobbing. 'We're done here should we meet up prior to the concert after all there is still an hour before the concert.' I asked Florencia with [Thought Communication] using the stone. 'There's a little café a 5 min walk away. Let's meet there.'

 "Ok Tuuli, Let's go." We leave the house and go though the barrier, once we're visible Tuuli goes into Guard Mode standing behind me. We walked at a normal pace neither slow nor fast and talk no word the whole way.

Oh, there's Florencia. We walk into the more western themed café, naturally with stairs to sit on instead of tatami mats. "Hello Mother" I greet her while bowing lightly. "Come sit." is the response I got. After which I hush Tuuli to sit down as well, however she instead goes to the nearby stand-up table in order to continue her guard duties. But I can see her looking at the menu so I do that as well.

I decide on a tea with 1 sugar cube and wait for a waiter to come. The waiter notices my looking eyes and comes to us, as expected of staff trained in Tempest. The goblina asks us what we'd like. "I'd like the recommended tea without sugar and a strawberry cake" orders Florencia. 'upon realizing that I forgot a cake I decide to just order the same.' "I want the same just the teas with one sugar cube." After noting down our orders she notices Tuuli's will to order as well so she heads to her next and afterwards leaves to have our orders made.

"Do you have any info about the concert?" I inquired. "I heard that an orchestra plays with a halfling as the conductor." responded Florencia. "After which Shuna and Shion perform a few songs as well."

We sipped the tea while waiting for the afternoon concert. And we entered the opera house 5 minutes prior to the start of the concert. And it was already pretty full while seating many high nobles.

We went to our seats and sat down I was beside Florencia and Tuuli was in the row behind us along with the other escort knights. However there was Charlotte beside Florencia as well.

The 5 minutes waiting time took a very long time but afterwards time seemed to have slown down. The orchestra enters and the halfling begins conducting. It started with classical music, had a smooth transition to anime music then pop then rock and so on. When the anime music started playing I almost started laughing out loud. But I kept my calm and just reminisced about the times I let Ferdinand-sensei play the anime theme songs I remember.

But after an hour of playing the orchestra left the stage and Shion and Shuna entered it. Shuna played piano with Shion playing the violin. It was an overwhelming performance. And after their duo play the orchestra came back on stage and they performed a final sing together which concluded the performance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1156 words