Chapter 76: End of Fashion and The Golden ...

Rozemyne POV:

And the box contained a golden ... Ring? A golden ring with my seal on it. Why? And I feel quite a bit of magic power in it, is it a magical artifact?

"A signet ring, the proof of being the head of the emblem's house or being the representative of the head of the household." muttered Sylvester in a surprising noble tone "But Rozemyne is just a member of my Family, not the head, but ... as Ferdinand said Rozemyne's status exceeds mine, so it is justifiable."

'Wait my status ... is so high? It exceeds .... exceeds Sylvester's ?'
"But if it is a symbol of status, why do I feel a huge amount of magic power from it?"

"Because it is a magical ring, quite a masterpiece of Kurobe it also uses the Schtappe I analyzed as a base and can be fully absorbed into the body. And you can also integrate a normal Schtappe into it if you so desire."

"And what else can it do?"
"It has a little spatial storage to store  the wax or ink needed if you want to use  the seal on the signet ring. But it can also hold other seals, they have to be made with specific specifications but then you can just reabsorb the ring and think of a stored seal and it will appear on the ring and afterwards with but a thought changed back to the original. And it can also be used as a key or a formation control tool. Before I forget, it has a inbuilt Fire Rune to heat up the wax. Last but not least it can be used for [Thought Communication] by storing a communication ring in it or just as a skill."

"Oh, that explains why you requested to see my Schtappe so often, Rimuru-sama" remarked Ferdinand, "but now that we speak of the Schtappe it is important to speak about where you normally obtain it."
Turning to me he continued "You already had the baptism for commoners, but now you need to have one as your new self. It is the first step to be officially recognised as a noble in Ehrenfest, with the last step being to obtain your own Schtappe. The baptism is also the ceremony where you normally get your first magic tool, a ring like Wilfried has gotten 1 and a half months ago."

******************************************************************************************
Ferdinand POV:

"And before I forget, we also need to define as to why Rozemyne will hold social events for Tempest in a mansion gifted by Tempest. Because the only official connection she has is as an apprentice to Veldora-sama, which hasn't been publicized yet, and her being part of the archducal family of Ehrenfest which is part of Tempest now."
'All that makes it seem like she is the princess of Tempest instead of Ehrenfests, but wasn't it decided that she'd be my niece from now on'

"Wait what mansion" interjects Rozemyne after Ferdinand finished.
A surprised Rimuru says "Oh you don't know yet?"
"Ehm no."

"Well it is pretty easy Rozemyne, all the state banquets and the like of Rimuru are handled in his banquet hall, but you aren't him. And you already agreed to holding multiples of such events and we decided it would be good for you to hold them at your private estate instead of the state banquet hall, but you're current residence isn't made for them. And as such you should get a new one. There was also the need of a place for your Temple attendants, as they evolved to High Humans and can't just spend their time now away from you, but you would get a door in the master bedroom, which is connected to your room in your current house." (Ferdinand)

"But that's beside the point. We need a definiton of Rozemyne's status. She gained a personal coat of arms with a signet ring, crafted with so much craftsmanship to be worthy of a king, not of an archduchy's princess."(Ferdinand)

"Ah an easy solution, she's my apprentice, the apprentice of me, Veldora Tempest, so she's naturally a princess of Tempest. Isn't that the reason she has Tempest's emblem on her coat of arms, Rimuru?"