Chapter 71: Eve of the meeting

Rimuru POV:

I'm currently sitting in my office reading through some documents regarding the status, earnings and activities of the founding festival. Anyway there are so many documents without the help of Raphael I wouldn't be able to work my way though all of them. While processing the 2nd of the 4 stacks of documents I noticed Souei appearing.

I command him "Speak, Souei." "Ferdinand-dono has notified me of a possible attempt to sour our relationship. His uncle, the High Bishop of the Temple of Ehrenfest, seems to have arrived here and is speaking to Veronica, the mother of Sylverster-dono and thus the official grandmother of Rozemyne." "And how does he know that they really want to sour our relationship?" "He seems to think that Veronica wants to groom Wilfried as the next heir to the archduke title and is therefore dissatisfied with our new relationship which is built upon the communication built though Rozemyne and therefore strengthens her chance of ascending to archduchess. Furthermore Veronica is a devout believer of the old Luminism which advocates the elimination of monsters."

"Is there proof?"I inquire about the authenticity. "There is none only speculation." 

"Then we can only prepare countermeasures for any possible attempts of souring. Tell him I'd like him to further discuss this matter with him at a later point of time."

After hearing my decision Souei disappears again, back to being on standby and appearing on command. Now that this matter is dealt with I have to prepare for today's revision meeting.

Unbeknownst to Rimuru is that while he's thinking about Souei's reliability a certain female Dragonewt is watching Souei's main body petting a little black cat.

Rozemyne POV:

Now I'm back from the orchestra and am waiting for the time to go to the meeting tonight. Tuuli is sitting beside me in my house. I have to think about what I should do with my retainers after all they should officially attend to me but I don't need any help and it would be awkward with my family if they were living here with us. But that's for a problem for a later time.

Maybe I should try to play the new cards game with the cards i got from Lutz, let's see where the others are mother is making new clothes for the unborn baby and dad is away with the guards so that's a no. Then I'll just wait for a bit, when is the meeting anyway?

I send a [Thought Communication] to Rimurur 'When is the meeting today?' is my question and Rimurur answers 'It's in three hours.' 'OK.'

In the meantime I can just go to the Labyrinth and ask Veldora to teach me a new spell. So before the [Thought Communication] was cut off I asked Rimuru 'How can I go visit Veldora in the Labyrinth is there a good way to enter there?' 'You'd have to go through the personal stair. You should be able to do it at the moment. Just go to the Labyrinth and enter though the big door. The Labyrinth is still not open for the normal adventurers so just go in.' 'Ok.' And i cut off the [Thought Communication].

"Hey Tuuli, I'll go to the Labyrinth now. The meeting for the review of the festival is in three hours so be at the room by that time. Bye" And with that being said I take the mask and the hood from when I was with Hinata, Kenya, Chloe, Ryoto, Alice and Gale.

On my way to the Labyrinth's Underground I got a few looks for my strange outfit but that's the extend of it. I went down the stairs to the big room underneath the Colosseum and enter it. There's again the massive door which leads to the dungeon. I try to open the door with my physical prowess but that just isn't enough so I try to use magicules to open the door. It is hard to use it with the bracelet on, but I manage to do it. The door opens slowly and i enter the first floor which is just the entrance room in which the front desk, a training ground and a gym is located. I look for the restricted staircase and enter it.