Chapter 72: The Meeting(1)

Rozemyne POV:

I've been reading for at least an hour already and am already halfway though this series. So the meeting should start soon, but Veldora-sensei is going to inform me on time, ... probably, so I just have to continue reading until that point.

This chair I'm sitting in is unbelievable comfy the frame is a darker wood with a fluffy red cushion.

***An unknown time later

Veldora POV:

Ah, that's a good joke. These jokes during combat are so funny anyway let's move on. Heh? That's the last page... I have to go get the new one. Let's look this was volume 23 so I have to get volume 24. Where is it?

I can't find a 24 ... Maybe I misplaced it.
No, there isn't the continuation here. Did Ramiris take it?

"Hey Ramiris." "Yes, Master. What's up?" Ramiris looks at me bewildered. "Do you have the 24 of this series?" "No, I'm currently on a whole other series" is the reply I got from Ramiris after she checked her current manga.

'So I have to get a new one from Rimuru. Let's go'

On my way to getting the next volume I encounter Rozemyne sitting in a chair.

'What is she doing here? Oh right the meeting. I completely forgot.'

The meeting starts in-Checking the time- 10 minutes.
'Oh sh*t, we have to go quick.'

Rozemyne POV:

'Huh, I hear something' Veldora is standing there, now he's looking at his watch. What's with that expression?

"Comme little spirit, we have to go. The meeting starts soon. Ramiris asked me so many questions so I only noticed it now"

"I did what?"asks Ramiris who flew here 15 seconds ago. Veldora expression falls down "eh, nothing come on let's go."
After hearing this Ramiris first Looks confused then checks her watch. 'How can there be a small enough watch for her?' After checking the time she begins to quickly fly on sensei's shoulder, seemingly ready to go.

I also stand up and signal that I'm ready as well.
"Rozemyne-chan , come here." Following Veldora's request I walked to him.  He touched my shoulder and I suddenly felt something. It felt like we were moving, no space was moving. -Did we just teleport?

We arrived at the meeting's venue there were a lot of chairs and sitting space at the edge of the room was a bench with cushions. "Here we are even a few minutes early." Veldora said this and walked over to the cushioned bench after sitting down a few mangas suddenly appear and he continues "Here is the next volume of the one you're currently holding"

I look with my [Magic Sense] and see that I'm still holding my manga. I also walked over to the bench, took the manga Veldora was holding and started reading again.

After a few peaceful minutes the Goblinas started entering the room and arranging the furniture. After they were done and left the first attendees started coming as well.

The people started chatting with each other, but when Rimuru arrived everyone quietened down and waited for him to start speaking. And only when Rimuru came did I start paying attention to the people that were here. Before that I ignored all the stares that I felt and when I looked up all but one vanished I followed the feeling and looked at Tuuli. She also arrived at this reflection meeting earlier.

Even before Rimuru started speaking, Veldora stood up and walked near Rimuru, there were still 2 places free and as if arranged the one further away from Rimuru was directly beside Tuuli. Veldora and I unsterstood where we should sit and sat down. To my left was Veldora-sensei and even forther left at the head of the table was Rimuru and on my right was Tuuli all smiles for a second before returning to an unreadable expression.

Rimuru started speaking with Myormiles, King Gazel and the Empress Elmesia. They talked about how they solved the merchant problem, something about the right kind of money and some strange Duke. That wasn't so interesting and I therefore started looking who else I knew. Opposite me I could see Hinata, further right from here was someone called Fuze, who was swetting profusely and on my sight on the right, further away than Tuuli, were Sylvester and Ferdinand along with Florencia.'My status seems to be a bit higher than my official parents.' I could also see a few executives like Benimaru, Shuna, Souei and so on. And standing behind Rimuru was Diablo and Shuna.

I was a bit bored so I looked to my left and saw sensei with a heated and thoughtful expression as if something was getting on his nerves and he thinked about how to mention it while waiting for the theme of the talk to switch to his topic.

The current topic was finished and Rimuru began the next topic, it was about the tournement. "What are your thoughts about the tournament. Beginning with a few particpiants."

"It was fun." Sylvester summarized. "In my opinion the tournament was a good show of strength of our union and was able to entertain a huge mass of people, the future revenue stream of it seem to be very high." Ferdinand summarized on a higher level. Rimuru's expression changed a bit during these two answers after Sylverster's he was dumbfounded and after Ferdinand-sensei's he smirked. The same smirk which also appeared on Myormiles' lips.

The next one to talk was King Gazel. "Rimuru, I can say that all the nobles were very impressed but they were even more impressed about the Screens outside. They are advanced and have many possible applications, they could be very useful for the military and you used them for a festival...." Many of the attendees nodded their head as if saying that it was right and very obvious. Rimuru's smile dropped.

After a few more reminders about the possible applications and so on the next topic was naturally the labyrinth. Veldoras eyes beamed with joy at the opportunity to present his concern.

"Where were my worthy challengers I was bored the whole time and I even practiced my boss lines, but I couldn't use them."(Veldora)

"This was only a teaser they were never supposed to come to your floor anyway and you know, the prices they gained were impressive and this will naturally attract the greed of many. The nobles will want to get their hands on the treasure and the honors that come with them and therefore invest in strong adventurers to descend in the labyrinth. This will naturally lead to more and stronger challengers."(Rimuru)

"Oh good so I only have to wait for a bit and can have fun teaching the little spirit some magic until then good!" Veldora seemed happy and did his famous laughter.

After this statement everyone turned to him, then to me. Being in the center of the attention is feels kinda strange but also good.

Everyone got surprised looks on their faces followed by a calculating silence. Sylvester on the other hand along with many others were just shocked and were still processing this information wether it be on the final boss of the Labyrinth or the student of a true dragon.

After a while a beautiful green haired woman turned to look at me and had a smile on her face. "Hello, little spirit-chan. I almost overlooked you." This was naturally Empress Elmesia. "I remember seeing you at the banquet a few days ago weren't you talking with Gazel-chan?"

"Eh, Hello, Yes I was talking with King Gazel at that time he even promised to give me some books." I said this with a huge smile.

"Hmm. You got a gift from him so I should give you something too. Erald, send this little spirit a few books. And here's a little pocket money." Empress Elmesia said this while giving a little pocket to a attendant of hers and pointing to me.

The attendant walked over to me and gave me the money. "Thank you, Empress Elmesia." was my gratitude.

**************************

1314 words

Huh, that's done just wanted to finish for today and release it today. So it's just Part 1. 

Please comment if you have any good suggestions.