An unexpected date - part 11

Naveen is still looking white, drinking his tea, sitting opposite to Rajveer and Naina.

"To matlab Valentine's ke din tu Niharika se nahin Naina se mila tha?", Naveen asked.

Rajveer nodded, "Niharika bhi thi vahan but she is just not my type and I was so uncomfortable seeing her. By chance Naina aur nai us din mile the".

"And you had...", Naveen said pulling his hairs. He just cannot digest the fact that his baby sister is having casual sex.

"Tu yahan ayi aur tune mujhe bataya bhi nahin?", Naveen asked Naina.

"It was work. Aise bhi you are never reachable....kabhi to tu mission par hota hai aur baki waqt ladkiyan tad rha hota hai". Naina replied.

"Tu na jyada mat bol. Jo mai sun rha hu us hisab se adha waqt tu bhi ladko me hi busy hoti hai....aur Naina dating is still ok...but you are having hookups? Like really?", Naveen finally said what's bothering him the most.

"Aur tujhe puri dunia me aur koi dusri ladki nahin mili thi? Meri behan....meri choti behan....oh my God", Naveen snapped on Rajveer who felt more guilty than he was already feeling.

"I cannot believe this ....isi se darta tha mai...hey bhagvan....mujhe aisa din dikhane se pahle tune mujhe uper kyu nai utha lia? Isi se bachne ke lie to mai apne doston se tujhe milne nahin deta tha....aur jab finally maine risk lia to introduce you....mera best friend...jisko mai apne parivar ki tarah samajhta tha usi ne mujhe dhoka de dia", Naveen said walking in between them.

Rajveer took a deep sigh, "Naveen, I didn't knew Yar".

"Do you understand how weird this situation is for me? My best friend is casually dating my sister. If you both were serious then it would have been one thing.....but this is casual", Naveen is ranting.

"It's not my fault that it's still casual. I am serious. Your own sister is not in a mood to make things serious", Rajveer mumbled.

"Tumko problem kya hai? I am just sick of this thing....who said it's a problem to keep things light? Are I need more time, what's the issue in that?", Naina snapped.

"Time...kyu chahiye time? Acha ladka hai...Mai guarantee leta hu. All my qualms apart, I know he is a good guy to settle down with", Naveen replied.

"Acha time lena galat bat hai you mean? Then what's your issue with Shubha? Go get married to her....usi ke lie to sara natak hua na?", Naina replied back sharply.

"Are to you only said that you don't like her and I should think again about her", Naveen said defensively.

"I said because I want good for you....unlike you who is so much in hurry to get me married to fulfils Maa's wish", Naina replied.

"What nonsense....kuch bhi bole ja rahi hai? Raj sach me acha ladka hai. Sath rahta hu uske....saalon se janta hu use", Naveen tried to salvage the situation.

"Han to tu janta hai na...mai thodi na janti hu. I need time. I am not sure", Naina said throwing her hands above her head.

"But Naina that would have been fine if it was just dating....you are hooking up with him...this is not acceptable", Naveen said a bit strictly.

"Ha ha ....you are one moral police. Will you say truthfully that you haven't slept with any one of your girlfriends? Do you mean to say that you are going to marry all of them?", Naina said in fury.

"Naina I am not a Casanova who is sleeping around anyways. Also this is not about me or you. This is about your intent. If you are not serious then why to proceed in the relationship?", Naveen tried to make her understand.

"Really bhai....I am not sure that's what you are thinking...", Naina was about to reply when Rajveer stood up from his seat.

"Shut up both of you", he said looking seriously at them.

"I need both of you to listen to me. Navu...I am sorry for what happened. I know it should not have happened but believe me agar pata hota mujhe to....", Rajveer told to Naveen and turned towards Naina.

His eyes are watery but he needs to say it nonetheless, "Naina...anyways what's between us wasn't serious. I think what relations we had at stake are too precious to ruin everything for something which at the most is casual. I cannot loose Navu if any fallout happens between us. Let's end everything officially whatever there was between us".

Naina's face is loosing colour with every word Rajveer is speaking.

She knew they are anyways falling apart after his confession but breaking up like this is something she is not expecting.

Her eyes teared up as well. She picked up her bag and left towards the door.

"Naveen.....kuch din I don't want to talk to anyone. Please leave me alone for some days", saying this she closed the door leaving the place.

Naveen is standing with a stunned expression. He didn't anticipated this.

Rajveer also is looking like he is about to cry. He simply moved inside the bedroom and closed the door locking himself inside.

Naveen sits on the couch with a thud, absorbing whatever has happened.