An unexpected date - part 12

"Dude....you are suspended", Naveen asked coming inside the quarter.

Rajveer didn't replied anything as he comes inside as well.

"Your CO was cursing you yesterday and you had a row with him one week before as well. You never had such issues before. Raj is everything ok? Col. Mehta used to be good to you before", Naveen asked Rajveer.

Rajveer looked at him, "all's well. I am sleepy. Bad me bat karte hai".

He went inside the room and locked it from inside.

Naveen sits on the couch reading the signs. It's been two weeks where he caught Raj and Naina together.

Rajveer initially behaved normal Infact guilty. Naveen was angry with both of them as well. But slowly he can see his friend changing.

He is no more the same person. Almost always moody and ready to snap back, Rajveer is completely different nowadays. He is not talking much with anyone and mostly staying inside their bedroom. Purposely picking shifts which would mean that he will be working when Naveen is not. He is avoiding Naveen like a plague.

Naveen never mentioned Naina after that incident and nor does Rajveer.

Even Naina is unreachable to both of them. Rajveer although didn't try to connect with her but Naveen did, so many times but she never picked up the call.

Naina completely disappeared from their lives. She is on some business visit as per Kriti so he wasn't able to see her at all. Naveen is concerned about her but for some reason he feels more concerned about his best friend who is breaking little by little in front of him.

Another week passed by like that. Rajveer resumed his duties after suspension.

He is not being angry or irritated anymore but is now very closed. More closed than before. He rarely talks and shutdown his close ones as well including Naveen.

Naveen had enough of this by this time.

"Kya kar raha hai tu? Is tarah kaise chalega Raj?", Naveen asked him confronting him in his office.

Rajveer looked at his door where anyone might be hearing them and then at Naveen.

"I am fine. I have something to submit to Col. Gour, I will see you around", he said getting up with a file.

Naveen stopped him by coming in front of Rajveer, "why are you avoiding me Raj?".

"I am not", Rajveer said avoiding his eyes and unfortunately for Naveen, an orderly came to call for Rajveer at that instant to see Col. Gour.

Naveen sighed and left missing another chance.
——————————————————

Her phone was ringing and she is not picking up busy in watching reels.

Kriti looked at Naina when her phone started ringing with Naveen's name flashing on it. She picked the call up.

"Hello...nahin vo nahin ayi hai ab tak vapas....I am not sure ki kab tak aayegi....yes sure I will let you know definitely", Kriti concluded the call looking at the signals given by Naina.

"Kab tak bhagegi apne bhai se?", Kriti said sitting cross legged in front of Naina.

"Mai bhag nahin rahin hu ok", Naina replied with a pout.

"Pichle do hafto me lagbhag roz call aya hai uska which you dodged. Intelligence me hai na tera bhai aur ab tak pata nai chala use ki tu actually Delhi me hi hai", Kriti referred to the lie which Naina is feeding Naveen that she is not in town due to some conference.

"He doesn't track me on purpose. Uske khud ki mental peace ke lie", Naina replied with a frown.

Kriti chuckled.

"But whats the point Naina?", Kriti asked seriously.

"Point is that he needs to grow up. What's this crap of bro code. Dude that idiot broke up with me instantaneously, without thinking much. If they are so important for each other then fine. Be with each other. Excuse me for good", Naina snapped throwing her hands in air.

"Naina you know why he broke up that way. He is feeling insecure as you didn't confessed back", Kriti tried to maker her see sense.

"What's the rush dude? Koi pratiyogita chal rahi thi ki first ana hai? Hanji Rajveer ne pahle confess kar lia to ab use price milega...what crap Yar.....I told him I wasn't ready. But I didn't said that I won't say it ever as well. Thoda wait nahin kar sakta tha? Kahi bhagi ja rahi thi kya mai?", Naina said standing on her knees in aggression.

"Naina you know how guys are ...don't you?", Kriti asked shaking her head over her melodrama.

"Yes. Of course I know. They are simply idiots and that's why I decided to stay away from idiots, including my brother and his best friend. Both certified stupids", Naina said stomping her feet jumping from bed.

"Bas kar kiraye ka apartment hai...kuch tut fut gya to security apni hi kategi", Kriti said in concern.

Naina made a face looking at her and drinks a full glass of water making herself a bit calm.

"Acha sun...why don't you meet Rajveer and talk to him clearly", suggested Kriti.

"Kyu? Mai kyu karu bat? Usne ki thi bat before breaking up? Bhad me jaye vo gadha...mujhe koi bat vat nai karni usse", Naina said staring angrily at Kriti who got subdued immediately. She is in no state to resolve this matter, realises Kriti.