Chapter 1

Sam's POV: I slip a yellow hoodie on over my Dumb & Wise shirt and look in the mirror. All black jeans with knee rips, original converse and a bold yellow hoodie. A classic and timeless look to not draw to much attention but also ensure people know your around. "Samuel you are going be late!" My mom shouted from down the hallway. I picked up my ear buds, and lip balm and hurried into the Kitchen. Next to my backpack my mom placed a slightly toasted pop tart. "Thanks mom." I said as I hugged her. I hastily put my backpack on and grabbed the warm treat. "Have a not bad day honey!" My mom said out of the door as I ran out to the bus.  She said that because she knew asking for a "good day" would only prompt me to grumble and be a pessimist. Few whispers were said as I took a seat on the bus. I noticed this freakishly attractive brunette wearing a letterman. The football patch and group of boys around him in identical jackets made me realize I was lost in hope for an ungodly attractive lover. I put my ear buds in and drifted into the melodies that pleased my brain as we took our route to school.

I got my paperwork and had already toured the building over the weekend, I started off to my first class. One earbud was out of my ear so I was still aware of my surroundings but that was ineffective with my coordination. I bumped into the same brunette and his friends from the bus as I was trying to eavesdrop on a conversation. "Excuse me." I said lowly. "Watch it punk", The brunette says with some aggression. "I am so sorry, it's my first day I don't know what the hell I'm doing." I began to ramble as I studied the group. The handsome brunette I just ran into, an alternative mullet wearing kid with multiple piercings and a few small tattoos I can see since he's holding his letterman in his hand. Another boy is also with them he has his hair up and in a manbun, also holding his jacket. "Ohh you're the new kid from this morning. I'm Colby and this is Jake and that's Corey." He starts again and points to the boys as he names them. He has a few inches on me and he comes down to my height, "Now listen, you won't run into me again because I don't take it easy on fags like you." Colby spits the words at me, I just nod too stunned to actually speak to him again. "Good job" he says, and I walk around the group and find my first period, sitting in the back corner. 

A few hours into the day I get to lunch where I sit myself at an empty far table. A girl with long black hair, a blue and white plaid skirt with a corset esque top approaches me. "Hello Mr. yellow!" She says quite brightly and takes a seat. "Gimme the scoop, who are you? Where are you from? Single? SPILL IT ALL!!" She says with more energy than I have had in the past month. I just kind of stare at her with one eyebrow raised, "Oh my! Manners! Hi, I'm Katrina or just Kat and I run the school paper along with my girls, but they asked me to talk to you!" "Uhm okay. I'm Sam, I came from Kansas. I am a single guy, but I don't like women. I came from Kansas to California because my dad is a horrible father and husband. Plus, my mom got a job opportunity at the Hospital." I tell her with an upbeat tone to try and match her energy, Kat is smiling while she practically quotes my whole spiel. "You seem fun, I'm going to bring my girls here." The girl says as she twirls off. Minutes later she followed by a tan girl with long brown hair and a girl who is much shorter with dark-hair and blonde highlights. "I am Tara and the shy one is Devyn. I guess by your sad loneliness you haven't found a clique yet." "You would be right." I reply with a sad sounding sigh. "Chin up king gorgeous your clique is here. The gossip queens needed some testosterone among the group to keep us in line and maybe help us get the male drama." Katrina says waving her phone as if she's my fairy godmother. The girls all sit at almost the same exact time and Devyn speaks up. "Got your eyes on anybody particular?" "Not just yet, the one guy I had thought was cute called me a Fag and threatened me." "Yeah Colby is harsh at first but I bet he'll trip at your heels eventually." Kat tells me. "Katrina!!" Tara scolds, "Colby told Jake that in confidentiality!!" Katrina gasps and lowly curses under her breath. "What Kat meant was that he can be a really nice guy once you get to know him." Devyn says in a soft tone but loud enough to cover Tara and Katrina's bickering. I nodded and giggled; these are the people I always needed. Once Devyn and I broke up the pointless Katrina and Tara squabble, they gave me all the drama a person could ever ask for.  

The girls and I shared most of our after lunch classes except for the last. Devyn and Kat had already un off into their classes. I turned to Tara as we walked, "What did Colby tell Jake 'in confidentiality'. I want the truth." Tara softly sighed. "Okay but I'm gonna need you to not tell anybody what I say. Jake and I are dating so he trusts me. Honestly I should not have even told the girls. But I'll still tell you. Colby told Jake that he thought you were cute. And that he's never felt what he feels for you with anyone else. Now mind you he has had maybe one girlfriend and they broke up quickly." "So, he thinks he likes me? But why would he be such a dick if that's the case??" "Well, homophobia is like implanted into him from his family, especially with him following in his brother's footsteps." I just nodded and gave her a smile as I turned into my classroom. 

I shared my last class with Colby and just as fate has it he is my Chemistry partner for the year. "All the supplies you need is on your tables. Get started and do not bother me." The teacher said in a low boring voice and he sat at his desk. He started watching a video and drowned us out. Colby looked at me, "Sorry about this morning." "It's fine and nothing I'm not used to." I said back without moving my eyes off of him. He just smirked and turned back to the Chemistry project. "So at your old school how good were you at chem?" "I was decent I guess." "Cool you can do the project!" Colby said with some excitement and he turned around and away from me. I scoffed and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "Excuse me? I won't be doing this alone. You will help. No half assed apology will get me to do this project for you, not even if your as hot as you are." "Fucking excuse me? I apologized is that not enough?!" Colby had gotten louder as he spoke and everyone was staring. "Fine you do the project on your own dickwad." I spat back at him, I gathered nmy things and left the room.