Chapter 2

Sam's POV: I bump into a boy who's just a little taller than me, he's covered in tattoos with dark curly hair styled into an alternative mullet. He's wearing light wash jeans ripped at the knees with a Metallica cut off tee. "I'm so sor-" I began, and he just chuckled. "You're okay blondie, let me guess you're the new kid huh? Sam, is it?" "Uh yeah, yeah" I said with a smile. "I'm Aryia, are you skipping class at your first day?" "Well technically yes but Colby is an asshole and I refuse to keep being around him today." "No need to get defensive blondie, I'm fine to have someone to skip class with if you'd like to." Aryia proceeded to slowly walk away, and I giggled and followed after. "So where are you taking me handsome?" I asked with a smile. "Out of here, I'm guessing you don't drive." "Correct driving is scary, do you?" I asked and I realized I had been following him out of the building. "Yes, I do" Aryia said as he took his keys out and unlocked his car.

We had driven for a while and gotten Starbucks. "So why transfer school when we have maybe 2 weeks left?" "Well, my mom had a good job offer at the hospital and my dad sucks." I laughed a little to soften the blow of talking about my shitty dad. All Aryia did was nod.  I felt tears brim my eyes and I just looked out the window and turned the music up. "I'm sorry Sam" Aryia said quietly compared to the music. "It's fine, it's just new to me and I don't want to accept it." I said with dullness in my voice. Aryia held my hand and gave it a squeeze. The rest of the car ride was quite silent.

Once we got to my house, I just stared at him. "I'm sorry for shutting down earlier." "Sam hush." He kissed me and I was in shock at first, but I kissed back. My hands going up into the back of his head, lightly tugging on his curls. He and I smiled throughout the kiss, and we mutually pulled back from it. I drop my hands on to his shoulders. Our smiles brighter than the sun. I grabbed Aryia's phone and put my number in it. "I'll come pick you up for school tomorrow, Sammy." He placed a kiss on my cheek, and I smiled back as I grabbed my stuff and got out of the car. 

Hours go by its around 9:30, I'm sat on the couch with a bowl of ramen and my mother walks in. "Hey kiddo", she says with exhaustion present in her voice. "Busy day?" I asked. "Oh yeah, 12-hour shift, and more patients than I could count." I just smiled and stood up. "I love you mom." I told her as I took her into my arms and held her. "Go get a shower and I'll make you a bowl of Ramen." She nodded and slowly took herself into the bathroom. I quietly cried as I made the ramen, I feel awful for my mother in complete honesty. Once she came out of the bathroom, I handed her the bowl and went to my room. I sat on my bed, and I couldn't stay in this house right now. I threw on an oversized hoodie and some sweats. I walked past my mother who was at the kitchen table. "I'm going out for a walk; I love you and don't stay up waiting for me." "Okay honey, be safe."  I put my shoes on and walked outside.  

After walking around the neighborhood for like half an hour I decided to go to this abandoned train station that was about a ten-minute walk. I had heard some kids talking about it in school. I cruised around with my flashlight on and found a nice spot to climb onto the roof from, and so I did. I peeked my head up to look on the roof and saw someone sitting, with headphones on. I went on the opposite side of the roof to not disturb them and I accidentally slipped on a vine, smack my head off the roof with my fall. I laid in pain and just shock and I felt the roof vibrate with steps getting closer and closer. "Are you okay?!" The person asked, their voice familiar. but I couldn't see their face. "Sam respond." The person said with more concern in his voice. He lifted my head off the roof and sat me up. "Sam?!?" I started to realize more and more of what was around me and I could see his face better. "Colby?" "Yes, idiot it's me now are you okay?!" "Mhm I'm fine" I mumbled out as I started to pass out on to Colby.

Colby's POV: "Shit shit shit" I said aloud to nobody as Sam just passed out in my arms. I hoisted him up over my shoulder and carefully got he and I onto ground level. I unlock my car and manage to get Sam in the backseat of my car, and I begin the drive to the hospital. I hope he's okay. It's funny because I had been thinking about the blonde-haired angel right before he joined me on the roof. 

One of the nurses came out to me, "We called his mother, and she should be on her way to get him. But I will tell you he is suffering a mild concussion, but he will be just fine. Just make sure to check in on your friend a little to make sure he's doing alright." "Oh well he and I aren't really friends." I said softly, "Okay well I won't judge you boys for what you do in your own privacy. Have a good night and remember to check in on your lil thang."  She said with a smile, and she walked away. Do Sam and I seem like we would ever date? I'm not that attracted to him. I kind of smiled at the thought of us being together but I was taken out of my daydreaming with a call from my brother. "Hey Brennen." I answered. "Colby where are you?! You aren't at the train station where you normally go to think so where are you?!" "I was there but a kid from school showed up but he slipped and got a concussion, so I brought him to the hospital, I'll be home soon." "Some kid?! What are you a fucking fag? I don't even care just get home." Brenned half shouted through the phone and hung up. I felt tears forming and I blinked them off. "Hey kid" I heard from behind me. "Yes ma'am" I said as I looked at the nurse talking to me. "Sam asked for you." She said with a small smile, I smiled more than I should have and followed her to his room. She left us alone. 

"Thank you so much for helping me Colby. I'm sorry I left you in chemistry and how I was a jerk." The blonde said with a smile but also tears forming in his eyes. "Sammy don't apologize I was an asshole first, you're okay. Don't cry because I might too." He laughed and a tear fell. "Quit it" I said with tears forming in my eyes. I walked over and wiped the tears away no matter how many kept retracing what I had just dried. Sam's mom walked in, already crying. "Sam I knew I should have stayed up incase you needed me. I'm so sorry." She said as she took Sam into her arms. "Thank you so much...?" She paused waiting for my name. "Colby" "Thank you so much Colby." I nodded in appreciation. "I have to get going now, bye sam and bye miss Golbach." They both waved to me as I left. 

Excuse Me? ~ A Solby Story.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें