Chapter 4

Sam's POV: 

"Oh, hey Aryia." I said and I smiled at him. I'm hoping he's here to apologize in person about how he acted. "Hey Sam. I wanted to talk about this morning." "Okay but we should go outside I already have company over." I say and I slip on a pair of slides that were sitting by the door. "Hey Colby, I'm stepping outside for a minute." Aryia huffed and I looked at him, "You said who?!" I was puzzled and a little scared. "Okay Sammy" Colby replied. "COLE?" Aryia shouted not technically at me, but we were close enough that it still scared me. I heard Colby's footsteps behind me. "Aryia." He said coldly. "Aryia let's just have this talk and you can leave." I said and I placed my hands on his chest and lightly pressed to get him outside or at least to take a step back. "No fuck that. And fuck you for cheating on me." Aryia spat at me angrily. "What?! We aren't even together for one and for two Colby and I were just talking. Maybe I should have told you he's the one who took me to the hospital. But I didn't because it shouldn't matter who I'm friends with." I said to him. "I was checking in on him, nurse's orders." Colby said in a monotone voice and a cold expression. The tension in the room was growing rapidly and I had a horrible feeling.  "Nah, your just being a slut." Aryia said, he was looking at Colby but meant it at me. "Now you're just done." Colby said, I processed his words faster than I thought and I moved from between the boys. Cole launched himself at Aryia, them tumbling to the floor. Aryia had the decency to move their fight outside of my house. Aryia and Colby stood in sparring stances as if it were for sport and not a regular fight. I sat on my porch not knowing what to do at this point.  Colby started the fight taking two quick jabs at Aryia stunning him for a moment. Aryia regained sense and tripped Colby, dropping his body to the grass, and he kicked him in the ribs. "ARYIA STOP!" I screamed out, tears streaming down my face, and I was standing now. This distraction gave Colby enough time to sit up and grab Aryia's legs forcing him down as well. This shocked Aryia which luckily gave Colby enough time to stand up. He made no effort to further harm Aryia. Although Aryia had other plans he stood up, saliva and blood dripping into the grass. He took a right hook swing at Colby's jaw. Blood spewing across the grass. I sat loudly sobbing watching this happen, not knowing what I could do. I heard cop sirens, I rocked myself back and forth. Colby just took Aryia by the shoulders and just tossed him down to sit on the ground, he himself coming to sit next to me. "You both should be ashamed!" I shouted at them; my voice cracked within my words. Police parked outside my house, two cars. Both of the boys were put into cars and had officers take their statements and I was also being questioned. "Who began the fight?" "Verbally Aryia, physically Colby." "Mk, and why did this occur?" "Aryia got jealous over Colby and made some personal stabs at me, Colby wouldn't have it. Aryia provoked him." "And why did you not call the authorities yourself Mr. Golbach?" "I was in shock; it's horrifying to watch this sort of thing." "That's all we should need. We'll contact you about both boy's release dates. Have a good night." The officer said and he turned around. I just stood tears effortlessly falling. I walked over to the car Colby was sat in; the window was cracked open. "Thank you, I'll come see you later." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. I looked over at Aryia's car and I made eye contact with him, I shook my head and walked back in my house. Aryia shouted something I couldn't quite hear. 

Colby's POV: 

I was processed before Aryia as he was still aggressive. Sam was contacted and so was my family. The only consequences I face are a few days in Juvie and a 150 dollar fine. I recalled the words I overheard from my mother. "Thank God he isn't like Brennen." I smiled to myself at the words. I used my phone call to talk to Sam. He was happy I wasn't charged with more, but he is quite angry at me. I told him it was understandable, and I apologized. I told him to visit me once I went to juvie instead of at the police station. 

*NEXT MORNING*

I woke up in the uncomfortable bed and took myself to the breakfast hall. "Cole Brock. You have a visitor." A guard said as he walked to me.

"Hey Sammy" I said with a smile. "Hi Cole. How'd you sleep?" "It was fine, I'll last another 3 days in here." Sam laughed a little. "Since Aryia's 18 you can press charges." "I won't it was a dumb fight." Sam nodded. "So, Sammy, how are you doing?" "I'm fine, I cried a lot but it's okay." "Good, that's good." I started to tear up a little. "How's your wounds?" "My ribs are bruised, none broken thank god. My face is just swollen and painful. But I can handle it all."  "I told Tara what happened just so she can tell Jake, I hope that's okay." "Of course, it is, thank you Sam. I appreciate it so much." 

(DAYS LATER/ COLBY'S RELEASE)

Sam's POV: 

Colby's parents had signed off on letting Colby into Jake, Corey, Tara, Devyn, Kat and I's 'custody'. I got giddy; I missed talking to Cole. I mean yeah, I visited every day, but we got really close. Once Corey pulled his mom's minivan into the lot I got out and just stood waiting for Colby. After some small banter, the gates opened, and Colby started to walk out. "COLBY!!" We all shouted in unison. Cole started a light jog towards me, and I did the same, once we reached one another he picked me up in a bear hug. "Sammy" He whispered as we hugged deeply. Once he let me down, we got back in the car. The seating arrangement was Corey driving, Devyn in the passenger. Tara and Jake in the middle seats, and the me between Kat on my left and Colby on my right in the last row of seats. Colby had hefty eyebags and he rested his head on my right shoulder and quickly fell asleep. I eventually did too.

Kat woke us up. "Get up guys, were here." I groaned and sat up rubbing my eyes. Colby did almost the exact same. We all spilled out of the car. Corey and Jake wanted to take Colby out for some fun to cheer him up a bit. I examined the building Corey drove us to, it was mini golf. Colby giggled to nothing but himself. I couldn't help but smile at him. He took himself into the building first and I trailed behind with Kat. "Sooo you and Colby huh?" "Kinda" I said, and I began to blush. Katrina's jaw dropped and she started to squeal so I clapped my hand over her mouth. "Shhh." I said softly. "No one knows yet." She nodded and I dropped my hand off of her mouth.

_______

A/N: Should I keep writing this book??