Chapter 5: Diagonally

Months passed quickly, and before Ven knew it, it was the last week of August. It was almost time for him to embark on his journey to Hogwarts. Ven eagerly anticipated Mr. Longbottom's visit, which was scheduled to happen soon. The excitement was building up inside Ven. Despite not knowing exactly when Mr. Longbottom would arrive. The anticipation only made the experience all the more thrilling, and Ven was counting down the days until they finally met.

However, Ven's excitement was tempered by his worry about the seemingly endless list of supplies he needed to acquire before he could even think of setting foot in Hogwarts. He had no idea where to start, that's why he's glad for Mr. Longbottom's help.

Despite this, Ven was determined to watch for him by the window every morning and the thought of getting his hands on a wand filled him with delight. He knew that it would all be worth it in the end.

The next day...

As the sun peeked through the window, Ven woke up with a sense of unease. Tomorrow was September 1st. It was the last day that Mr. Longbottom could arrive, and Ven couldn't shake off the feeling that something was going to go wrong.

He got up and dressed quickly, his hands shaking slightly as he buttoned up his shirt. He tried to shake off the nervousness as he went to help Wallace get ready. Wallace was always calm, and Ven hoped that some of his friend's composure would rub off on him.

Together, they made their way down to the dining table, where the rest of the orphans were already eating breakfast. Ven sat down next to May and kept his eyes on the door. He wondered if anyone else was feeling as anxious as he was.

As they finished their breakfast, Ven tried to prepare himself for what was to come. He didn't know what to expect from Mr. Longbottom, but he knew that it was going to be a life-changing experience, but that was something he was going to miss. He took a deep breath and tried to push his worries aside. He was ready for whatever was to come.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" May asked.

"Oh right," Ven said, looking away from the door, and started grabbing and eating food.

As Ven sat in his chair, his mind stopped wandering. Suddenly, he heard a creaking sound and his heart started racing with thrill. Just then, the door opened and Ven stopped what he was doing, eagerly sitting up in his chair in order to see who was there.

Ven recognized the man and ran to him saying, "Mr. Longbottom!"

"Ven, so good to see you again," Neville said with a bright smile.

Ven was lost in thought when he suddenly realized that he had cut off the caretaker who was speaking. He felt a little embarrassed and quickly apologized to the caretaker.

"As I was saying," The caretaker said rolling his eyes and ignoring Ven's apology, "How long do you think the two of you will be?"

"All day."

"To get some supplies?"

"Yes."

"Alright then," The caretaker said, "Have him back soon."

"Will do," Neville said, then he spoke to Ven, "You ready to go."

"I was born ready."

Ven followed Neville out the door. Ven had the biggest smile on his face. Neville looked at him and smiled.

"Excited, are we? You haven't seen where we're going yet!"

"It doesn't matter. I'm glad you came."

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't I come?"