Chapter 10: McGonagall catches on

Ven sat in front of Headmaster McGonagall's office. Chin in his hands, elbows on his knees, and one leg on the floor moving quickly up and down.

Ven would be lying if he didn't say he was surprised. Scorpius's hunch wasn't far off anymore. Ven was ready to get that snake and prove once and for all where he came from.

Ven turned quickly to see McGonagall open the door. She looked down in Ven's direction. She had a very stern face and Ven stared straight into her eyes.

After a moment, McGonagall spoke, "If you'll follow me, Mr. Degrad."

Ven stood up and followed McGonagall into her office. The base of the room was a large, circular room on several levels and countless windows. There was loads of tartan plaid, a tin of biscuits on her desk and what looked to be trophies on her shelves. Additionally, were portraits of many people on her wall. Which Ven assumed were past headmasters and headmistress.

She sat down in her seat behind her desk and motioned her hand to the seat in front of her. Ven sat in the chair, which was quite comfortable.

"Do you know why you're here, Ven?" McGonagall asked.

"Yes, I do," Ven replied.

"What happened right before you cast the spell?"

"Well, I was just trying to stay focused."

"I see," McGonagall said with a slightly concerned look on her face, "What is it you think happened."

"Well, just that I tried to cast a spell...I guess it was so powerful that...well it all seemed to blow up everything within reach of the green light."

McGonagall, not saying a word, got up out of her seat and looked out the window. As if something outside would give her the answer.

"Headmistress, I'm afraid I don't understand why this happened," Ven said.

"Who are your parents Ven," McGonagall said moving back to her desk, "I must write to them. This situation is quite concerning and maybe-"

"I don't know..."

"What?"

"Headmistress, I've lived in an orphanage my whole life. I was born at that orphanage and given to my aunt. My mother left me and ran," Ven's anger started to rise, "So, I'm sorry, but I've spent my whole life trying to figure out who they are and I found NOTHING. I care SO MUCH about who I am. But my mother didn't care because she thought I was nothing. SO IM SORRY, but NOT EVEN YOU CAN TELL ME. YOU HAVE NOTHING."

Ven realized that he was standing up now. His face softened, "I'm sorry...I-

Ven slowly walked out of the room and even though he shut the door quietly, it gave a loud bang.

Ven walked back quickly to Slytherin dormitories. He opened the door and walked right past Albus and Scorpius.

"Ven," They both shouted.

Ven turned around and his tense demeanor relaxed.

"Hey," Ven said.

"What happened?" Scorpius questioned.

"What did McGonagall said?" Albus added on.

"She's catching on."

"What?"

"She know that my power comes from within my family. I mean if this doesn't prove that I'm related to-" Ven looked around to see if anyone was listening, "Come on. Let's chat upstairs."

The three of them went up the stairs and into their dormitory. No one else bunked with them. Ven closed the door and locked it. Scorpius and Albus both sat on Scorpius' bed that was right across from Ven's.

They all talked quietly in case someone listened through the door.

"The green light is just like Voldemorts'," Ven said, "Now we have to get the snake and prove my relation to him."

"What about McGonagall? If we try and prove your relation after the werewolf scheme won't she know it's us?" Albus said worried.

"No, she won't have proof that the werewolf is our doing," Scorpius said confident, "Now we have to make it seem like Ven was just in the wrong place, at the wrong time."

"How is that gonna happen? If he uses the spell he made up? He just magically created the right spell?"

"He just has to think it. He can't say the spell aloud."

"Okay, Okay. Well, that should be easy. Easier then just creating a spell in the first place."

"I'm glad the two of you on the same page!" Ven said sarcastically.

Albus wasn't listening to Ven. He stood up from the bed and paced the room, "So you mean to tell me that, you want to create a spell and the person who's supposed to cast it can't even speak the spell because it's 10000 times harder?!"

"Yes," Scorpius said with a half smile.

"I'm out. Your going to get me bloody in trouble or even expelled. I'll be a Slytherin and a drop out."

"Albus," Ven said.

"You know I could always be a muggle!"

"Albus."

"What am I saying, I don't want to be a muggle."

"Albus!"

"What?"

"I can do it."

"For your sake, don't—"

"I can do it, but not without your help."

"But what can I do?"

"We need your brains. Your brilliant and quick on your feet. We need a plan from you."

"Okay, I can try."

While Albus came up with a plan. Scorpius and Ven worked together to create the spell. They only had a week to prepare. Ven vigorously wooshed his wand until the technique of his made up spell was perfected.

"You should have seen Marigold's face," Scorpius said mumbling.

"I'm sorry, what?" Ven's concentration breaks.

"When you did the spell...and the green light. She seemed quite surprised, but she wasn't afraid."

"She wasn't?"

"No, but almost everyone else was."

"Ugh, why are we doing this?? Why can't we just use a spell to create a snake?"

The two stare at Ven for a while, were they not just talking about Marigold?

"Don't we have to use a real snake for you to speak to it? Not a cheap magic lizard..."

"That makes sense."

"How do we know that we can trust Hazel to give us a snake. Where would she even get one," Scorpius questioned.

"Her parents are Magizoologists," Albus said.

"Oh, I didn't know," Scorpius said

"Now you do." Ven said, "Can we get back to the spell?"

"Yes."

"All right now I have the plan to get the werewolf."