Chapter 12: Saving Hazel

"You said you have a plan then?" Scorpius asked unsure of Albus's capabilities.

"Yes," Albus said, nervous of what Scorpius might think, "While the two of you were coming up with the spell. I scouted out each place a werewolf has been seen and I made a map."

Albus took out a map from his pocket and laid it flat on the bed. Ven and Scorpius lean forward, to get a better look.

"You went to the forbidden forest?!" Scorpius asked.

"No," Albus said quickly.

"Then how-"

"Flich has the most peculiar records of the Hogwarts grounds," Albus said smirking, "As you can see there is one specific area that has the most werewolf sightings. That's where my plan comes in. I'll take my broom and go to the spot and howl."

Scorpius and Ven start to snicker.

"It's not funny," Scorpius and Ven's laugh dies down, "That's how I'll lure the werewolf towards the castle."

"I see, do you want us to do anything?" Scorpius asked.

"Yes, Ven you need to pretend like you need Hazel to tutor you. Whatever you do, you have to convince her to stay out late."

"Done," Ven said.

"I'll lure the werewolf towards the library and that's when you use the spell."

"Not a bad plan," Scorpius said.

"Better than crafting a whole spell," Albus murmured.

"Let's just hope it works," Ven said, "Don't get me wrong, I'm confident. Nervous, but confident."

"If you used even half of the power you did in transfiguration you'll do exceptional!" Scorpius said encouragingly.

"Yes, which can only be done in the moment," Ven said.

"Why don't we all sleep on it?" Albus suggested.

"Alright," Ven said.

"Good idea," Scorpius said as he yawned.

The three went to bed, well, only two of them. Ven couldn't sleep.

Was it all just luck? In transfiguration? Ven wonders how everything came together so quickly. When casting the spell everything felt just right. Would fear drive him to mess up tomorrow? What if he accidentally killed the werewolf?

Only time can tell.

——————————————————————————

The next morning, Ven, Scoripus and Albus woke early. They wanted to give Ven the time to ask Hazel about tutoring him.

The trio walked towards the great hall, Ven seemed very confident, while Albus fidgeted with his robe. They walked into the great hall and only a few people were there. The three sat down so that their backs weren't turned towards the other tables.

Students started to trickle in slowly. The three ate their food at a slow pace. An hour in Hazel entered. She sat down and ate her food. Then Ven quickly finished his food and stood on the stairs next to the great hall door.

When Ven saw Hazel walk out of the door he pretended as if he was walking down the stairs.

"Hazel!" Ven called.

Hazel turned around to see Ven.

"Good morning Ven."

"Morning, how are you?"

"Good, Yourself?"

"I'm good," Ven said with a flirtatious smile, "From what you saw in transfiguration some weeks ago, Scorpius has been trying to tutor me. But honestly he's not the greatest. So I was wondering if you might be able to help me."