Chapter 11: McGonagall Catches On Part 2

McGonagall watched Mr. Degrad walk out of the room. She could tell he was angry. It was quite hard to watch Ven so upset. McGonagall wondered what was going on.

"If only Dumbledore was here," McGonagall thought.

Quickly McGonagall grabbed many slips of paper and wrote letters to people who she knew could help. Telling them to visit her in a couple of weeks time. She folded the slips of paper, put them in an envelope and gave it to an owl in her office. Her cat badgered the owl often; so she kept in a large cage and used it frequently to send messages.

A couple weeks passed and McGonagall didn't have much time; dinner would soon be served. She promptly walked to the banquet hall and took her seat next to all the other teachers.

"I'm sorry I'm late," McGonagall said with a cheery smile, "I just had some unfinished business to take care of."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. McGonagall sat in the middle of the long table next to Professor Longbottom.

"We can allow the students to come in," McGonagall said and with the flick of her wand the doors opened.

The students came in small groups and filled the seats. She got up to the stand, just like every night, and announced things happening at the school. Nothing truly interesting.

Once the announcements were done, McGonagall magically made the food appear. The hall burst with excitement, laughter and joy. Then McGonagall sat down and waited for the other teachers to converse. Once they were distracted, McGonagall pulled a letter from her pocket and spoke to Professor Longbottom.

"Professor Longbottom," McGonagall said in a hushed voice, "this letter is for you, but I would ask that you open it in your office."

"Thank you Headmistress. I'm glad you could get it to me right away," Professor Longbottom said.

"Yes, of course."

McGonagall ate her food in silence for the time being. Conversing in small talk here and there.

Once everyone finish. She walked over to Hargid and gave him a letter as well. Then the perfects took their students off to bed.

The teachers left as well and Professor Longbottom was intrigued by McGonagall secrecy. Why would she give him a letter from her and tell him to open it in his office. It was all quite strange.

Neville got to his office and opened the letter. He could definitely tell the letter was in McGonagall's writing. It read:

Members of the Order of the Phoenix,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. It has come to my attention that I must reach out to you with a heavy heart, for I fear that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry might be in danger. Recent events have compelled me to share my concerns.

In light of these circumstances, I implore the Order of the Phoenix to reconvene and assess the situation. I understand that many of you have moved on with your lives, rebuilt what was lost, and found solace in the hard-fought peace we have enjoyed for years.

So I ask that we all meet secretly, in my headmistress's office at Hogwarts, before the sun sets. My fireplace is open if need be, to travel by floo powder.

I await your arrival,

Professor Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Neville was curious indeed. What could be worse then when Voldemort walked the earth? Or the Battle of Hogwarts? Or destroying Voldemort's horcruxes?

Neville wondered what he could've missed. Everything at Hogwarts seemed normal; the rest of the magical world too. Everything was quiet. Was it too quiet?