Chapter 1

The last lesson should be over any minute. Despite Mr. Johnson's monotonous voice explaining the details of vertebrate sexual reproduction, the last thing Josie wants is to go home to her room, to Salvatore's Boarding School. Of course, she can't wait to talk with her sister for the first time in a week, but seeing the faces of people, who just a year ago threw things out of the window, is beyond her dignity.

Just think! A year ago, she was afraid to go out into the hall once again, risking running into insults, and now she is sitting in a dimly lit biology room, surrounded by friends who have never reproached her for her own nature.

Josie props her chin on her hands and pretends to be listening to the teacher. She is definitely one of the best students, and this is taking into account the fact, that in her former school some classes are either absent or combined with magic. After all, her mom graduated with honors from the high school that Josie is attending now, and even became Miss Mystic Falls. The brunette definitely had no chance not to follow in her mother's footsteps. Of course, she's not Miss Mystic Falls yet, but her sister Lizzie most likely won't miss the opportunity to drag her to the contest.

Of course, it would be nice for them to represent one school, but, alas, her relation with the Salvatore boarding school is forever lost. At least she hopes she wouldn't be forced to go back.

Although Josie is not an overly emotional kid like her sister, however, their mother was firmly convinced that teenage hormones negatively affect the surge of magical energy. They were not so much worried about her as they were afraid for ordinary students. Certainly, Josie had problems with control a couple of times, but she clearly coped with magic better than her coevals. In addition, many witches, who do not have the opportunity to study in special institutions, go to ordinary schools. Finally, with great reluctance, but with a clear understanding of all the circumstances, the parents agreed. However, they made their daughter promise that she would wear an anti-magic bracelet during lessons. In addition, she is obliged to attend extracurricular magic classes at the boarding school twice a week.

Josie loves magic. But she hates sitting with a group of witches, who keep casting scathing looks at her, with all her heart. And she is definitely glad that today she would not have to go through this two-hour evening torture.

Anyway, Josie is forced to go back to her former school. She usually lives either with her mother when she is released from external business trips, or with Aunt Elena and Uncle Damon. On weekends, while her former classmates are going home, the twins have sleepovers. Sometimes their dad asks her to stay at the boarding school for a day or two, but this happens very rarely, largely thanks to the notorious Hope Mikaelson, the same girl whom Lizzie calls "the eternal source of our problems", "Satan" and "the devil".

Not that Josie really believes that Hope is to blame for all her troubles, but in many ways she was the obstacle between the twins and their father, it was because of her that Josie had to leave the school that her parents founded specifically for their daughters.

Undoubtedly, Hope is the most beautiful girl in school. She studies perfectly. She was born into a rich family. And in general she is all special, a tribrid and a miracle baby. It was stupid to think that Josie wouldn't have crush on her. Who wouldn't? Blue eyes, fiery red hair and unshakable self-esteem... Josie had no chances.

Hope is the most popular girl of their school. Despite her closeness and almost complete lack of friends, Hope remains the center of attention of others. Perhaps her mysterious origin plays a role. Or maybe they are just afraid of her. Josie is of the opinion that Hope's self-confidence, coupled with her authority and pretty appearance, makes a special impression on everyone, making fear and respect her at the same time.