Chapter 8

"So you're saying Hope fucking Mikaelson let you get into her head?" Lizzie is pacing around the room and violently waving her arms in different directions.

Friday evening takes place in interrogation mode. Josie, like a decent twin sister, told Lizzie about their conversation with Hope. Of course, she missed some details. For example, she didn't tell her about their strange bond with Hope, which she felt when they began to do magic together. She didn't know how her sister would react to this, so she decided to just keep quiet.

Josie is lying on her bed and diligently copying a math assignment into her notebook. She has an important test on Monday, so she has to prepare for it.

"So you agreed to spend time with Hope Mikaelson? With this bitch, who ruined our existence in our own school?" Lizzie looks at her sister searchingly.

"Ruined my existence." Josie corrects her. She is still rewriting a mathematical equation, watching her twin out of the corner of her eye.

"Don't you dare say that, Josette!!!" The blonde exclaims, approaching her sister and snatching the textbook and notebook from her hands.

Josie rolls her eyes and kneels on the bed.

Sometimes Lizzie is too emotional. The brunette, of course, understands her concern. But, after all, she hadn't sworn eternal love to Hope. And there is nothing criminal in their arrangement, and certainly nothing romantic.

"You're being too dramatic." She tries to snatch her things from her sister, but she only raises her hand with a textbook and a notebook higher.

Josie sees Lizzie's skin turn red with indignation.

"Am I being dramatic?!" She looks so furious that for a brief moment the brunette thinks her sister is about to explode. "Let me remind you, sis." Lizzie pokes her free hand into her twin's chest. "Hope told everyone your secret!" She puts her hand with Josie's things behind her back. "It was Hope who bullied you!" The blonde comes close and stares down at her sister. "It was because of Hope that you left the school that our parents founded for us!" Josie has to duck, Lizzie looks so formidable. "So yes, I'm suffering, Josette. Do you think it's so easy for me to be here alone without my twin?" She crosses her arms over her chest and looks indignantly at the brunette.

Josie raises her palms in surrender. She understands her sister's anger, although she thinks that she is overprotective of her.

"I'm... I'm not going to date her or anything." She explains, but Lizzie doesn't look convinced. "She confessed to me. I saw everything with my own eyes. And..." From the intensity of emotions, the brunette begins to bend her fingers in different directions. "She kind of apologized."

Josie closes her eyes, expecting to hear another angry tirade from her sister. Lizzie sighs theatrically and moves away somewhere to the side.

Deciding that the troubles are over, the brunette opens her eyes.

This is a mistake. Because Lizzie looks even more furious now than she did a minute ago. She opens and closes her mouth, apparently not knowing what to say.

"Liz..." Josie tries to get up, but her sister's voice makes her freeze in place.

"You want to tell me that three years..."

"One and a half..." Josie tries to correct the blonde, but Lizzie's menacing voice silences her.

"THREE FUCKING YEARS OF OUR SUFFERING, AND YOU FORGIVE HER AFTER ONE DATE?"

Josie can feel the air vibrating around them. Lizzie starts to annoy her frankly. The brunette wants to hit her sister with something heavy. But instead she takes a deep breath.