𝟬𝟮. battle of river court

CHAPTER TWO⤷ battle of river court

CHAPTER TWO
battle of river court

JACKIE ripped out yet another page of her sketchbook, crumbling up into a ball and then tossing it into her trash bin. She ran a hand through her hair before attempting her sketch again. She made it her responsibility to actively search for her potential, no matter how long it takes or how frustrating it may be. She focused on one area at a time, and for the time being, she attempted to find any artistic skills within her.

The blonde examined her off proportions, shaky lines, and messy shading with a sigh before scraping her work. By the next hour, her floor was covered in balled-up papers, shading pencils, and other art materials. Unsurprisingly, Jackie had no luck with her art skills.

"Knock, Knock," Nick abruptly leaned over by her door frame. It wasn't unusual for him to let himself in, it was just a matter of time before he showed up. Nick quickly scanned her room as he walked further in, "Two questions, what the hell are you doing and why aren't you dressed?"

Jackie turned around in her desk chair to face him, "I'm just doing some sketches and get dressed for what?"

Nick knelt to pick up one of the sketches, his eyes subtly widening in shock at the badly drawn self-portrait, "You are not this ugly," He teased, showing her the drawing. Jackie threw her pencil at him with laughter, "C'mon get ready, we're going to the river court. Lucas and Nathan are getting ready to go head to head."

Jackie shook her head, turning back to her desk, "I'll pass," She declined before thinking about it, "Actually, seeing Nathan get his ass handed to him might do me some good."

Nick scoffed, "Yeah, right, twenty bucks Lucas is down by at least ten."

"Twenty bucks that he's not."

"Deal."

"Deal."

By the time the two made it to River Court, it was packed with students from Tree Hill High. Jackie didn't expect the event to be that much of a big deal but when Nathan involved, everything is a big deal. Jackie squeezed her way through the crowd to get a better look at the court, Nick following close behind. She watched as the boys warmed up, the roaring crowd of teens hyping them up.

The crowd grew a bit quieter as Nathan and Lucas stood defensively toward each other in the key. Jackie tried to make out their words but she had no luck, "Okay folks, here we go!" Mouth announced, "Fifteen by ones. Make it take it, win by one, and you can feel the intensity in the air."