𝟬𝟰. martha stewart

CHAPTER FOUR⤷ martha stewart

CHAPTER FOUR
martha stewart

JACKIE bounced her leg anxiously as her teacher passed out the graded chemistry test from a few days ago. Science and math were her least favorite subjects because she always seemed to struggle in those areas. She had never failed a science or math class before but it was always a hassle trying to make sure her grades were decent. Once the teacher came across her test, he flipped it face done on her desk.

She immediately knew what that meant before she even looked at her grade. She sulked down in her chair as she flipped her test over revealing a red letter F.  She groaned before looking over to her left,  "Nick, what did you get?"

Nick happily flashed the red B on his paper. Jackie's mouth fell ajar,  "What?!" Jackie outbursts, all her classmates and her teacher looked back at her,  "Sorry," She apologized before leaning over to Nick, lowering her voice, "How?"

"Two words," Nick held up one finger then another,  "Haley James."

Jackie looked down at her test, considering Haley's tutoring. Her teacher cleared his throat as he took his spot in front of the classroom, "For those of you who wish to improve your grade, you have until next week to retake the test after school," He concluded as the bell rang, "I'll be in here every day until 4:30."

The students grabbed all their belongings in unison and hurried out of the class. Jackie and Nick walked down the halls together, "I need you to help me with something once you get out of practice." Jackie requested as Nick did short handshakes with his teammates that passed and sent winks to some of the girls who stared.

"With?"

"It's a surprise," Jackie stopped at her locker, putting away her chemistry books. She had been working nonstop for the past few days on making a few different versions of Karen's cake from scratch, determined to replicate the taste, "Peyton still pissed at you?"

Nick shrugged, "I think she'll get over it. You know, I think she was giving me the eyes?"

"The eyes?"

"yeah, these eyes," He demonstrated, smoldering his face, "but in a chick way."

"You look constipated," Jackie joked resulting in him dropping the look on his face.

"Are those eyes a better example?" He asked nodding towards Lucas, who was shamelessly staring at her a few lockers down. Once she looked over at him, Lucas cleared his throat and turned his attention to his locker once he had realized he was staring longer than he intended to, "Are you still sticking to the 'nothing is going on' story or are you going to tell me the truth now?"