𝟬𝟳. traitor

CHAPTER SEVEN⤷ traitor

CHAPTER SEVEN
traitor

FOR the next few days, Jackie and Lucas avoided each other as much as possible. At first, she didn't know what to say to him or how to say it for that matter, she barely knew what she wanted to develop with him. Karen left for a school in Italy for six weeks and left Deb in charge, luckily this caused Lucas to avoid the Cafe, thus, avoiding Jackie in the process.

Jackie cleared her throat as she approached Lucas' locker, "Hi," She said shyly, not knowing how he would react.

"Hey," He greeted her dryly.

"Lucas," She sighed, "I wanted to apologize...for everything. I'm just confused right now and I was hoping that you would be okay with being friends for now," She suggested, "Just until I figure out what I want."

Lucas understood that she was asking him indirectly to wait for her,  "Whatever you want," She shrugged it off like no big deal before turning to leave, "Talk to you later?" Jackie stood frozen in her spot, confused by the vibes he was giving her. She didn't know exactly what she expected from the conversation but it wasn't that.

The next day, he still didn't come around as much but Jackie didn't take it to the heart. He had every right to be a little upset with her but she thought he would be water under the bridge by now. Jackie sat at a table in the courtyard alone, writing down a recipe she tried the previous night in her notebook. She glanced up to see who sat across from her, surprised to see Brooke, "I don't know where Peyton is." Jackie muttered.

"I'm not here to see Peyton silly, " She poked at the girl's forearm, "I came to see you."

"Yay!" Jackie faked excitement, barely paying attention to her.

"Look, Jackie, I'm sorry about the way I acted at Dan's party. Haley, Nathan, and Peyton forgave me. I think you should too and this can be the start of a new friendship. I hate knowing that you're still mad at me."

"Wow, maybe you really are sorry, you got my name right this time," Jackie pointed out, earning a frown from Brooke. Jackie sighed, "All is forgiven, Brooke."

"Great!" She clapped, "You know who else forgave me? Lucas, that's who.  We went out last night, shot some pool, and had some drinks. You didn't tell me he was such a good kisser." Brooke wiggled her eyebrows, "gotta go!" Jackie looked up as Brooke walked away.  No wonder why he's acting like that. She thought to herself.  Jackie needed to talk to someone immediately, she knew Nick was probably busy with Peyton so she went to her next best bet.