Chapter 6

My heart was pounding fast, i felt the sweat on my palms. My senses are heightened. But there was no sound at all.
He looked at me while he was still holding the phone to captured the video. His expressions were clear to me that all I thinking was nothing but just an illusion from my childhood trauma. I thought that maybe he was right all the time, there was not such a thing like anklet witch with her feet facing backward in this modern era.
My childhood memories were the problem for me, they stucked in my mind and traumatized me in my youth. When i was fully convinced on this matter that there was no such thing exist in this modern age.

I heard a sound…

A sound of an anklet.

A melodious sound that some girl wore an anklet in her feet and lightly walk down the street.
Vijay looked at me in disbelief. He too heard that sound. And i felt a little tension on his face. He touched the record button and looked down the street behind the curtain.

I was now excited that after all i was not a liar.

I stand up and move closer to the window, he was still recording on his iphone. I clearly heard the sound of anklet, but I couldnt saw anyone.
He pointed his finger toward the end of the street. There was a huge banyan tree, it was so old that you saw the roots coming down from the branch.
I couldn't believe my eyes upon what I saw there, a shadow,
A shadow of a woman passed down from there and vanished inside the tree.