5. Cold Karma

I was told my room number was 308 and I'd be roommates with Beth Mead, she seems like a laugh so I'm sure we'll get along.

"So looks like we're going to be spending a lot of time in each others company" Beth said smiling at me.

"Looks that way" I laughed.

Opening the door to 308, a good sized room, two double beds with a small sofa and a mini fridge and of course a bathroom which looked well lit and a walk in shower.

"I know I should be welcoming and let you choose, but in my experience the bed nearest to the window gets the sun light shining through the sides of the curtains" Beth said giving the look of 'Im sorry'.

"Guess I'll have to make that opinion myself in the morning" I said sarcastically while laughing.

"We're gunna get along in this camp, I can already tell" Beth said giggling to herself.

I'm glad she thinks that so quick, I'm really not trying to make enemies in this squad, but then again I guess beggars can't be choosers.

As it was the first night of camp and most had spent awhile traveling, it was advised we did some relaxation. I decided on the ice bath as yesterdays game was tough and I didn't want that to effect my performance here.

I dipped my toe in first, I'm not sure why it was obviously going to be cold as fuck. The best way is to just go all in. Lifting my top up above my waist I didn't want it to get wet and going straight in. The water is at my waist, it's almost unbearably cold every time.

Then in she walks through the doors laughing with Kiera and Georgia. Her deep blue eyes side eyeing my body up and down. It was like her eyes where magnetic to my stomach. Then Georgia brought me out of my trance speaking.

"Heard you've had the pleasure of being Beth's roomy" Georgia said sniggering at me as she drew my attention to her.

"Ah yes, looks like I do" I said laughing at Georgias sarcasm.

"That's real unfortunate, I would of course have loved to keep you company as a roomy but I have roomy business else where" Georgia laughed while nudging Leah in the side.

I couldn't help but laugh at them both, there friendship is cute. "I can see that G" I smiled towards them both.

Then my alarm echoed through my ears, I had done my time in the ice bath. I wasn't staying in that freezing torture any longer even if I do get a good view of the blonde. Grabbing my phone and dragging myself out of their only to be whipped with the cold breeze straight away. It was like karma for appreciating how hot my captain was.

'Fuck, if this is what camp I going to be like for me. I'm going to be on my death bed by the end of camp.' I thought to myself, internally groaning at the thought.

I was sat in my room Beth was 'socialising', she said I should join her but to be honest today has knackered me. Binge scrolling through TikTok, Emily's name appeared at the top of my screen. I pressed on it.

Emily
———————————————————————————

Picture: *Emily posing
in the mirror wearing
black lingerie hugging her
figure.*

Just thought I'd
show you how much
I'm missing you 😘

Em!😳

Christ you can't be
sending  me pictures
like this while I'm
here! You know I'm
Surrounded by people
like 24/7?

I do but you know
I'm a risk taker

———————————————————————————

My breath stopped when I saw the contents of Emily's picture. I told her she should wear that for a special occasion ages ago. Now that I think of it, I'm mad I didn't actually get to see her in the dam thing just a picture. Girl got me all excited for a min to realise I can't even touch, get a twirl or even take it off. I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"You alright?" Beth asked looking at me with confusion.

I didn't even know she had come back into the room, wait how long has she been in the room?

"Yeh all good" i chirped, painting smile across my face.

I felt embarrassed just at the thought of wondering how long she had been there. 'Can people see thoughts?' I questioned myself. The answer was no but they can definitely see red cheeks. The kinda red cheeks that a risky hot picture would cause.

———————————————————————————
A/N
I don't know about you but I'm enjoying how this story is going. Are you enjoying it so far? What do you think of the characters? Are they good or do they need more personality to them?

Also I'd like to thank everyone. As of writing this, the story has reached 650 reads, I'm so grateful for every single one. So thank you!