5 | C A L L

"Stiles, I'm not asking again

"Stiles, I'm not asking again."

It had taken Phill a while to get out of shock at what he was witnessing, his nephew who should be in California was asleep on his couch with a girl onto of him. He had way too many questions to ask Stiles who clearly wasn't listening to him and was more focused on the girl in his arms.

"Stiles?"

Clint shouts at the boy who was either deaf or ignoring both of their calls, if he had been told this was how his first free day off with his boyfriend would have turned out. He would laugh in their faces thinking they were crazy. Looking towards his partner he could see his frustration increasing with not knowing why his nephew and an unknown girl were here.

"Mieczyslaw!" Phill states loudly causing the two teens to snap their wide eyes his, one with fear and the other in panic. To the director of Shield, it was as if he was back on the bus with his team who loved to argue about anything.

"Mischief he said your name. Like your real name." Maisie says her mouth agape. It had been a long time since she had heard of anybody who could produce her best friend's name correctly.

"I know Mase, I heard him too." Stiles chuckles at her stunned expression. In Beacon Hills apart from, Maisie no one even tried to pronounce his name. So, to hear somebody say the name on his birth certificate made them feel less invisible and for once they were actually being seen.

Phill furrows his eyebrows "Mase?" he questions "As in Maisie McCall?" he had remembered the rare few times he did visit Stiles and his father when he was younger. A girl the same age as him would always be by his side, their friendship with each other became so strong, they tried to go potty together.

"Nope. Never heard of her." The girl shakes her head pretending to act confused. Making Clint bite his lip to stop himself from laughing at the incredibly poor acting she was doing.

Maisie became wary of the man who she now knew as Stiles' uncle, she didn't want to be rude to him since he was related to her best friend, yet she didn't trust him she knew from experience that sometimes family members could do the worst damage.

Phill hums nodding his head to the girl's necklace "So, If you aren't her why would you have the necklace that Stiles gave Maisie for Valentine's Day when they were four."

Maisie sighs in defeat "You got me." frowning at how much energy it was taking for her to socialize.

The two men glance at each other, a little surprised she confessed so quickly. Phill sits down on the corner chair with Clint standing next to him and looks toward his nephew who sheepishly waves to him.

"Stiles, would you like to tell me why you and Maisie are here." Phill already regretted his question, seeing the look his nephew was giving him, he knew the answer he was about to be given wasn't going to be the one he wanted.

"To sleep," Stiles replies, rubbing his hand up and down Maisie's back as she did the same to him, hoping to give each other some comfort in this tense situation.

Phill rolls his eyes "I mean in New York. How did you even get here?"

"Uh for fun...We drove here" Stiles could practically see the steam coming from his uncle.

"You both should be in school right now, so tell me the truth or I will call Noah-" Phill gets cut off as both teens stand up from the couch and shout.

"DON'T"

"He doesn't know you are here?" Clint speaks up seeing the look Stiles and Maisie give each other confirms his suspicions.

Phill shakes his head and pulls out his phone from his pocket, Without thinking Maisie grabs the phone out of his hands and smashes in off the wall

"MAISIE." Phill shouts at the girl who's just broke his phone, looking up he see's her and Stiles holding on to each other with tears streaming down both their cheeks.

"We can't—go back" Stiles stutters putting himself in front of his best friend in case he needed to protect her.

"Don't send us back please" Maisie cries out holding her chest as it becomes harder for her to breath.

Clint could see the signs straight away "They both having a panic attack. You help Stiles, I'll help her." he goes to walk toward her but Stiles glares at him.

Phill puts his hands up "Hey, Stiles you both need to calm down. Let Clint help her."

Stiles immediately shakes his head "No, you'll send us back. Not happening."

"Maisie, take a deep breath in, then out." Clint instructs the terrified girl  "We won't send you back. But you need to start breathing."

Phill pulls Stiles into his arms "Don't worry, your okay. it's alright. Calm down."

That's all it took for the teen pair to break down in Phill and Clint embraces, after the exhausting drive that it took them to get to New York, then finally getting some time to rest. To only wake up by guys who were about to call the people they were running away from. It was all too much for them both, they couldn't handle going back to Beacon Hills, the only thing that was waiting for them back there was hell. With the whole void accident, Stiles and Masie were both mentally drained to go through anything like that again.

Phill looks towards his boyfriend who had a sleeping Maisie in his arms, looking back down at his nephew to find him also asleep. When he got the notification from his alert system, it did scare him with his thoughts going straight to Stiles. But seeing the haunted look in both their eyes as he pulled his phone out. That was something he never wanted to see again.

"This is madness." Phill whispers "He's sleeping, but his body is tense and shaking."

Clint nods his head "So is she, Phill when was the last time you talked to Stiles or Noah?"

Phill tries to think back but shrugs "I'm not sure why?"

"If he was in trouble, do you think he would tell you?" Clint carefully chose his words.

Phill furrow his eyebrows at the odd question "Trouble?"

"If he was struggling and needed help, would he tell you the truth?" Clint says looking down at the young girl.

Phill sighs "I wished I could say yes, but if there was a problem, he would rather figure out a solution for himself than ask for help."

"Why do you ask?"

Clint turns to face his boyfriend, Maisie still in his arms "Because I think there was a valid reason why they didn't want you to call Noah."

"What? Why?"

"This." Clint points to Maisie's wrists that were on visible for the couple to see, showing the many different scars that covered her arms.

"What the hell has been going on in that town."

—————