15 | C U R I O U S

Often when people are asked, what is so special about reading

Often when people are asked, what is so special about reading. Everyone will have their own opinion but for a certain group of individuals, their answer is pretty easy and simple. It's an escape. An escape from their reality, from all the chaos going on in their life. And just for that moment, they are able to forget about their own worries and imagine a world that they wished could exist.

However, for the runaway duo, reading a book wasn't their escape from their demons. In fact, it was the silence they desired, no words were spoken between each other as they embrace the quietness of the room. Just them and the sensation of their gentle fingertips bringing consolation before the chaotic mess of lies begins to unravel.

Stiles looks down at his best friend and wonders how he got so lucky, there were so many times she could have left him and walked away which he wouldn't have been mad at her for because in the end, she would have been safe and away from danger.

Yet she didn't. she stayed. Even when Melissa was acting her worse, Maisie would run straight to his house and help tidy up the smashed glass bottles from the attack Noah would have just done before going to work. From then on, he made a promise that if they ever did run away, he would make the rest of her life the best he could.

With that in mind, he broke the peaceful silence "Have any more ideas about the cabin?" he whispered. 

At his words, Maisie couldn't help but let a smile cover her face "You still want that?"

Since Phill was also living at the tower, she had thought Stiles would have wanted to stay a little while and finally be able to have a real relationship with his uncle.

"Of course," He mumbles in her hair "We're always talked about it, so why not make it happen."

"What about your uncle and also the fact that we have no money" Maisie raises an eyebrow.

Stiles sighs lacing his fingers through hers "I don't want to sound ungrateful or unappreciative for what my uncle and his friends have done for us because trust me I am. It's just he wasn't there in Beacon Hills and yes part of that is because of me and I know he kept his distance to protect me, but he wasn't there..." he rambles.

Maisie places her free hand on his cheek "Hey, both of you had your own reasons not to call each other, to protect one another and that was a brave thing."

"...You were there thought..." Stiles confesses "You were there through it all, hell you were by my side through it too and never gave up. So yes, Maisie I do still want that Cabin, I do want that place to be real for us, for us to one day call it our home."

"When did you get so poetic" Masie grins which then turns into a soft smile "I like the sound of that. Our home."

"Only for you." Stiles chuckles before leaning down and kissing her forehead. "So anymore ideas?"