𝟳 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹...

"You should really take a break." We were still driving and the road was getting clearer. Thankfully there were some car that passed by on the opposite side of the road, so i knew that we weren't alone.

I never planed this. I never knew that i'll have to get in the car and run away.

"We'll see if there's a place to park, and i'll stop." I was really getting tired. I haven't slept in i don't know how long.

There was a fear in me of them finding us. What if they were just around the corner waiting?

I don't know what they are capable of. If they did that, i don't know how far would they go to get me.

Emerson lit another cigarette. The smoke was still in my lungs, eating me up from inside. I have been coughing the whole ride.

I'd be surprised if i don't pass out from all of this. There was black smudged on my hands, probably from last night. There was some on my face as well but i wiped it off.

It was now one hour later. I had to pee and my legs and arms were tired. I haven't even eaten anything, i should be glad my body hasn't shut down.

"Meave, please you look exhausted." His voice had tone of concern. We did occasionally took breaks but they were for about few minutes. For me to get out and stretch my legs.

"Okay, okay."

I stopped the car on the side of the road. I don't even knew where we were. We were in the middle of no where. My phone was left at my house and i didn't even have any navigation on where to go. The only thing i had with me was my wallet.

Emerson didn't have anything on him since i was the one who started the car and begged him to come with me.

He didn't say no, he would never let me go anywhere alone, he would never leave me just like that.

We were friends for so long, i knew he would be here with me.

He was always the one to save me, when we were younger and now. When we first meet he stood up for me and made me feel safe.

"Freak!! They laughed while pointing at me. More specifically at my eyes. I had a condition called Heterochromia iridium, which meant i had different colored eyes. My one eye was blue and the other one brown.

I never knew i looked different, but then kids at school started making fun of me and calling me different names.

I was usually called a freak or a witch. I hid my face with the hoodie and continued walking towards home. All of a sudden someone bumped into me and i fell. I heard the laughs again and turned around to see Jaxon.

The biggest bully in our school, he had a weird obsession of pushing me into the school lockers, on the ground,... he always liked to look down at me. To make me feel small.

"Why are you hiding? We know how you look. Like a witch." His face held rage and disgust.

"Please, just leave me alone." I whispered and lowered my hoodie even more. He lifted his leg and kicked me on the side of the stomach. I groaned in pain.

Was no one here? Was no one around to help me?

I was a tiny person compare to Jaxon. He was at least a head taller than me and was heavier, way heavier. His redish hair was cut short. I was always scared of him.

"Freak, freak!!" His friends cheered on in the back.

"Hey, leave her alone!" I heard a voice behind Jaxon. He turned around and said something to the boy. Thankfully they left and i slowly got up.

I straightened my hoodie and adjusted my backpack.

"Are you okay?" The voice spoke again. I looked up and it was the most beautiful boy i've ever seen. He couldn't be older than me.

He had dark hair and beautiful green eyes.

"Yes, thank you." He smiled at me and nodded. "Also thank you for helping me."

"If you want, we can walk home together." He offered.

"Okay." We started walking.

"I'm Emerson by the way."

"I'm Maeve."

That's how our story began. After that we became best friends. We were always together, every day. If we were not together, we would call each other and talk on the phone for hours.

He would reminded me how beautiful my eyes are almost every day. With that i got to love them eventually.

With the years passing, my friend feelings for Emerson turned into something more. I would get jealous every time he talked to other girls, i tried to tell him on several occasions but i would always fail.

We got out of the car and looked around. There was no one around. What was i thinking coming on this road?

"What are we going to do now?" Panic started to raise in my chest again. Just as i thought i calmed.

"I don't know, Maeve. I don't know." He was way to relaxed. Didn't he care where we were going to end up?

"Why are you so calm?"

"Is it going to help us if i freak out as well? No. At least one of us has to stay cool and collected." He was right, his energy somehow brought me comfort. I knew i wasn't alone with him here.

"I have to go and pee. Wait for me here." I said and walked further into the woods, but not to far away. I hated that i had to pee outside in the wilderness.

But my stomach couldn't take anymore.

After i finished with peeing, i went back to the car and saw Emerson leaning agains the door and smoking a cigarette. Again.

At least it was not inside the car.

I walked towards him. "Do you think they are still looking for us?"

His eyes bore into mine. "To be honest i don't know." I looked around and since it was already day, i decided that i'll take a quick nap in the car.

Just for few minutes and them we'll go.

Thoughts?? I would really like to know what you think☺️

Also vote and comment!