𝟮 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹...

"I'll stop at the nearest gas station. I'm kind of hungry and i need to use the restroom."

"Yeah that's a good idea." Em agreed and we continued with our ride.

I don't even know how many days have passed and where we were going.

Sometimes it felt like we were going in circles and not achieving anything. My mind was cloudy and i couldn't think straight.

I was starved and thirsty. My legs were killing me and my hands were going to fall off.

After what it seemed like forever i spotted an old gas station that looked like it was from hundred years ago.

But i had to make a stop.

I parked the car in the parking lot and we got out. There were few more cars but that was it. Not a soul in sight.

We walked inside. There was only one worker and it was a man probably in his forties. He had a baseball cap on, a uniform shirt and his face was thin with a light beard covering his chin.

He had dark circles around his eyes and he was focused in the small tv next to the cash register.

"Hi." I greeted him but he only looked at me and nodded his head. We made our way to the restroom and Emerson said that after he's done, he'll wait for me in the car.

I stepped through the door and i almost vomited. The smell was gross and it was filthy. The green tiles were painted with dirt and the toilet seat was almost brown color.

"Eww." I placed a hand on my mouth and exited the stales. There was no way i was going to pee in here.

I was going to at least wash my hands and when i looked at the cracked mirror all i saw was a hallow face.

My cheeks were sunken in, my lips were dry and the dark circles around my eyes looked even more visible.

I ran my hand over my cheeks and a tear fell down my face. Why is this happening to me?

I looked horrible. Almost dead.

Opening the door, i went around to pick up something to eat and looked outside and saw Em in the car. Okay so he was waiting there.

I took some chocolate bars and a water bottle. The food in gas station was expensive and this was all i could afford for now.

I walked to the cash register and placed the food on the counter. The guy started with his job and i anxiously checked if Em was still in the car.

I mean where would he go anyways.

"That would be three dollar and thirty two cents." He lazy said the words.

I gave him the money. "Um the toilets were kind of dirty..." he interrupted me.

"Oh yea." He opened on of the drawers and took of some keys. "Here. You can use the toilet for employees." He showed me which door and i relived went there. At least i'll be able to pee in peace.

The toilet was relatively clean and i was thankful for it.

After i did my business i washed my hands and exited the door.

But then...

There was a cop. A freaking cop was talking to the worker. He said something to him and the guy pointed his finger to where i was.

Fuck!

What should i do?

Before i could hide i heard the cop say. "Miss?"

He walked towards me and i slowly turned around. The cop was a big buy around 6'4 with big muscles and had a hat that shadowed his face.

"Yes?" My voice was shaking.

"Is that your car over there?" He pointed outside and fuck Em was not there. Where did he go?

"Yes that's my car." I barely spoke. My body was trembling and panic raced through me.

"It was reported to be stolen." Oh no. What am i going to do now?

My parents probably reported it. Shit! Shit!

"We have to take you to the police station Miss."

"But i..." No, no, this was not happening. I had to figure something out. And where was Em? Did he leave? What if something happens to him while being alone? And also he wouldn't just leave me here.

"Please Miss we have to do this."

I didn't know if i should tell them about Emerson, but i didn't want him to get lost, we were far from home.

I nodded and decided not to rat him out. Maybe he got scared and ran away because of it. There is no way he would just leave me alone to deal with this on my own. He probably knows what he's doing.

I followed the officer and we got into his car. I looked out of the window and rested my head on the seat.

Where are you Em?