𝟰 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹...

Trusting someone was the greatest strength a person can have. Everyone can betray you, even your own self. To fully trust someone was a dangerous game.

When Emerson asked me who my worst enemy is, i realized that people who know you the best could be the exact same ones who could hurt you the most.

I knew exactly who that person is but the truth hurt, and it was hard to expect.

After we checked out of the motel, we drove off and stopped at the nearest gas station that was ten minutes away.

I pumped gas for twenty dollars and how we had left ten more.

I don't know how we'll survive with this little money but we'll have to figure out something.

My hair was still little damp and a cold feeling was lingering on my neck. Having thick hair was a struggle.

"Ouch!" I felt a cramp on my leg. It hurt like a bitch. I quickly stopped the car on the side of the road and rubbed my leg.

"Are you okay?" Em asked.

"I don't know, i just had a cramp." I hissed through my teeth and continued to massage the place where it hurt the most.

"I'm sorry Maeve. I would have driven but you know... i can't drive because of what happened." I turned my head to him. My heart clenched when i realized what he meant.

I knew, i knew why he couldn't drive. My chin trembled and my eyes started to water. No, no. Don't remind me of that i wanted to scream.

I placed a hand over my heart and a loud sob left my shaking lips.

Emerson pulled me to him and hugged me tightly. "It's okay Maeve, i know you think it's your fault. But it's not, please. Shh, don't cry."

No it was my fault. The guilt was eating me up and i couldn't do anything to stop it.

I just wanted it to go away, i tried so many things to end it but each time i failed.

I was pathetic, i knew it.

"Emerson, please forgive me." I pleaded with so much desperation. My voice hoarse from all the crying i have done.

My breath hitched and i couldn't calm my sobs.

"Maeve, please i told you not to blame yourself, please for me." He rubbed my back in soothing motions.

"Shh."

My breathing started to even and i wiped my hears with the back of my hand.

A loud honk startled me. I lifted my head and it was a red jeep.

Oh no! My whole body felt alarmed, panic started to rise up in my throat and i felt like throwing up.

When i got s better look, the jeep has stopped right next to my car and the window opened. A guy in his mid thirties showed his head and started yelling and gesturing with his arm.

From what i picked up he said that it's not allowed to park my car here and that the road is narrow which means that it would be dangerous for me to have my car in this place.

After he was done yelling he speed off.

My breath of relief left my mouth and i leaned back on the seat.

When i felt Emerson's hand on mine i leaned further even more.

I should have picked up the phone that night.