𝟲 𝗱𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹...

"Who do you think is after you?" We finally reached a small town.

"I have no idea." I groaned. My mind was playing tricks with me.

The town was small and didn't look really appealing. The houses were old and falling apart. The people walking around looked depressed and tired. We drove past a store, but i didn't stop since it looked creepy. I had only fifty dollars with me.

We weren't going to spent them on stupid stuff. I had to think straight and use them for our favor.

Yesterday after i woke up from the so called nap, that lasted to about two hours, we continued with the trip.

I assume we weren't that far, the car was going way to slow for us to get away too far. We were going too slow. The car was going to give up any moment.

Where are we supposed to go then?

"You have to think, Maeve. Who could it be? Did you do something to someone?" Emerson pushed me further.

I rubbed my temple in frustration. I couldn't think.

I stopped the car at a parking lot and turned to Emerson.

"Do you think i don't wanna know who's after me? I do. Do you think all of this is easy for me?" Tears started to well up in my eyes. He didn't react in anyway. Something was wrong but i couldn't put my mind to it.

Nothing was as it seemed.

"Why were you at my house at the exact same time when it happened?" I questioned. I don't remember speaking with him till then.

"Because i wanted to come and see you. What? Are you suspecting me now?" He looked at me with distaste. His nose scrunched up and pointed to himself.

"No, God no. I'm sorry i don't know what i'm talking about." I covered my face with my hands and a sob threatened to break through me.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything." My breath hitched with every word. I rolled up my sleeves and looked at my hands. There was evidence of how my life was treating me. I ran my fingers over the scars.

There were new ones. I don't remember doing those. I flinched at the pain.

"Why didn't you tell me you started again?" I couldn't. It was hard enough, him finding out the first time.

A tear fell on my lap. I didn't even realize i was crying.

"It's okay, Maeve." He reached for my hand and took it in his. His touch felt like a feather falling in my palm. It was soft and gentle.

"I just want all of this to go away. I want to be okay, Emerson. I really do." Each time i took a breath my lungs would burn.

"I know. I don't want you to be in this much pain. You know i don't." Rain drops started to fall on the windows, murky clouds embellished the sky, adding a dark grey color to the white ones.

A knock rang through the car. I lifted my head and there was a lady standing by the car.

She was old looking with grey hair, her eyes were squeezed together while trying to see inside. Her face had wrinkles around her mouth and on her forehead.

Again, she knocked.

I carefully opened the window, just a little so i can hear what she wanted.

"Are you okay young lady?" Her voice was raspy, sounding like she had been screaming for hours.

"Um...yes thank you." I faked a smile.

"Ah, alright then. I just saw you crying and i wanted to make sure you're fine." Her grey eyes roamed over my face.

"I'm fine really." Giving me a nod, she turned around and left. She spun her head to my car once more looking at it and then continued her way.

My body shivered.

"She looked weird." Yes she definitely did.

I took the water bottle that i found in the car and took a small sip of it. We had to save just in case.

"We should find a place to sleep. It's to cold in the car." I said to him. And we also needed food. I have not eaten anything since we left.

"You're right." I only had knitted dark blue sweater, brown mom jeans, some beaten up vans and a black leather jacket that was to big for me. It was my dad's.

I started the car and we looked for a motel, or any place to sleep. I'll use those fifty dollars for that.

We drove thought the town. The car would need gas soon.

"There." Emerson pointed to our left. The sign was pretty far away but it was evident that it said Motel with big red letters.

As we got closer, my nose wrinkled in disapproval. The place looked old and not very appealing. The sign was rusty and on a verge of falling, few cars that looked like they weren't used, were parked in front of it.

"I don't think is safe here." It looked creepy.

My heart beat increased again, my grip on the wheel tightened. "Me neither." He agreed.

We have to though, i don't think there is any other place for us to sleep.

After debating for a couple of minutes we got out of the car. My legs were dragging on the ground, lazily making my way to the entrance.

I pushed the door and the bell rang on top of my head. Why would they put this in a motel?

The walls were painted in purple and the carpets were deep orange. There was a small counter in front of us, there sat a young woman, probably in her late twenties. She lifted her eyes to me and looked me up and down before lifting her eyeshadow and averting her gaze back to her phone.

She loudly chewed on a gum, making balloons once in a while. We walked further into the space and we finally reached the counter.

"Hey, hello." I lifter my hand to wave at her.

"Yes?" Her long nails tapped on the screen, she didn't look at me.

"Do you maybe have a free room?" I said with a whisper tone. Not an ounce of confidence in my voice.

She sighed and pushed her blond bangs on the side. She had a thick black eyeliner and pink blush on her cheeks. Lipgloss was layered on her mouth.

"Mhmm, we do." She turned around and grabbed a key with a green chain on it. "Room 13 is free." She scrabbled something on a paper and handed me the keys. "That would be twenty dollars for a night." Oh, that was easy.

"Thank you. Is there any place where i can buy food?"

"There's a vending machine down the hall. It should have some sandwiches or something." Nodding my head, we started making our way to the machine.

There were three sandwiches left and few different sweets and drinks. "Which one do you like?" I turned to Emerson who's been quiet the whole time.

"Whichever you want." He put his hands in his pockets while shrugging his shoulders.

Okay... I choose one that was vegan and the other one with tuna. I also bought some water.

When i opened the door of the room, a unpleasant smell reached my nose. The room didn't look dirty but the smell was bad. There was small bad on the right side, a wardrobe of which one door was crooked and a window on top of the desk that was located on the left side of the room.

The yellow colors on walls were pealing off.

"I guess this will have to do for tonight."

Vote and comment!!!😊😊