Chapter 2: To Horse or Not to Horse, That Is The Question

Floch left the stables with little struggle walking. After all, he had been practicing his quadripod abilities since he was but a calf. However, his mental state was not as stable (pun intended) as his newfound equine body.

"All I've ever wanted in my life was 2 things: kissing Eren Yeager, and becoming a horse." he thought to himself somberly on his way back to the sleeping quarters. How was he going to deal with this situation? If he were to kiss Eren, he would die and be forced to live out his afterlife in sorrow and remorse. But if he doesn't... he'd be forced to be stuck as a regular horse and he won't get to transcend into his truest form. He'll die as a regular horse and be stuck in regular horse purgatory, forced to watch Eren Yeager live out his life without him, possibly regretting his decisions!

Floch decided to put his mind at ease by staring up at the night sky. He lay down on his horse legs and looked up into the starry remains of dusk.

Floch soon dozed off, but was suddenly awoken by a yell from behind. It was Sasha, saying "Heyyy horse! You're not supposed to be out here! Come on, let's get you back to the stable- OH MY!"

Floch had turned around at this point. Sasha was very startled to have seen a horse with the face of a man. The face of none other than Floch Horster.

"Am- am I dreaming," Sasha questioned the horse.

"Well, I thought I was dreaming at first, but look at me! I'm a horse, Sasha! A big, beautiful, muscly horse!!!"

"Yeah I uh, I noticed. Are you... okay? Should I call a paramedic or...maybe like a therapist.. for me?"

"No no, that wouldn't be for the best. You see, I chose to be this way. I thought this transformation would bring me unlimited happiness, but now..." he broke off into heaving sobs.

"Oh.. um, there there," she said as she pat him on his... back? "So, how exactly did you get this way?" Sasha inquired.

Floch explained the story to Sasha and how it is now his fate to perish after kissing Eren Yeager and proving his love.

"Well it sounds to me like you need some time to unwind. Maybe you should spend a little time enjoying your, um... horseliness before you have to, you know," she said as she dragged her pointer finger across her throat and made a noise like a tongue being scraped across a cheese grater.

Floch pondered to himself at this idea. Maybe Sasha was right, maybe he should enjoy his horseliness before his permissible fate.

"But Floch, one more thing."

"Yeah?" Floch replied.

"Can I touch your mane? Just once before you die. It's the same bloody-vomit color as your hair... so magical."

---------------------------------