Chapter 12: Horse Hayven

After the 2 were fininshed becoming one, they lay side by side, cradling each other. They sat in a comfortable silence together. They didn't need to talk to understand each other. Floch knew he had found his soulmate.

The two of them were slowly drifting off to sleep as Eren gently stroked Florsemaid's bloody-vomit colored mane. The world was calm and quiet, suddenly interrupted by Eren quickly grabbing for his throat. He began coughing, first it was manageable, then it was more of a choke, then a violent one. Eren's face was changing color as his limbs began to shake while he continued to claw at his neck.

Floch's head jerked up with concern, "What the what?! What's wrong!" he yelped.

"Dshvvsvsvsvvxrrrrruuuuxzdshshshhchcshdhfv" Eren spouted through chattering teeth.

He was grasping for his chest, hands violently shaking, "Fl-floch.. I don't.... know what's happening b-but," he barely spoke at an audible volume.

"But WHAT, Eren?? OH GOSH!"

"I l-"

"SPIT IT OUT DREAMBOAT!"

Eren used what strength he had left to place his hands atop Floch's hooves. "I love you," and with that, Erens compulsions stopped. As his body went limp, Florse felt his face get hot, he realized he was crying. Not just crying, tears were streaming down his face, saturating his fur.

Floch hoped all his tears would fill up the room and drown him so he didn't have to live with what had just happened. Was it his fault Eren had died? He was blaming himself, maybe man and horse weren't meant to be.

Florse sat there, processing the fact that his true love was gone. Gone because of him. He cursed the elder horse for telling him all these lies about destiny, but most of all, he cursed himself. "How could I be so stupid? Why did I ever believe that stupid horse? Eren was my soulmate, so why am I suffering? I'm still alive!!!" Floch screamed at himself.

He felt as if he were being laughed at by the universe. Was he some sort of joke? He did not know, but his vision was slipping away from him. He cried out in Eren's name and slammed his head against the bedframe.

Using all his strength through heaving broken sobs, Floch maneuvered Eren on top of his horse chest using his hooves as hands and teeth as teeth. He wrapped his horse arms around him and sqeezed Eren's body tight against him, sobbing into his hair, which smelled like dandruff shampoo.

He cried and cried for hours, letting out all his emotions. The past few days had been mentally exhausting for Floch; the initial transformation, facing his perishable fate, becoming alienated by his peers, the second torturous transformation, and Eren finally loving Floch for who he was, then dying in his arms mere moments later.

He cried himself to sleep, dreaming of all his best moments with Eren. Upon waking up several hours later, he discovered that Eren had vanished from his hooves.

He screamed.

------------------------