Chapter 3: Flochlicking In The Pastures

After Sasha left, Floch had decided that she was right. He should enjoy his horsliness, at least for a little bit before he let things get serious. So with that, he put an end to his moping, picked up his Floch head, and began trotting about.

He started by wandering the pastures of Paradis, the beautiful, lush, grasslands felt like home, he knew he belonged there. This wasn't his first time frolicking, but it was his first time doing so as a horse. The wind through his mane felt like heaven to him as it brushed across his human face. He started trotting faster and faster, craving more of the incredible sensation. The grass under his hooves felt like silk being strung through a loom by cherubs. The earthy scent of the greenlands was a hundred times stronger to his enhanced, sensitive horse nose. After reaching the woodlands by the wall, he stopped for a short break where he began munching on grass, roots, and flowers. They tasted as sensational and comforting as a homemade meal to a young Levi Ackerman. Tears began streaming down his face as he concluded that this was how his life was truly meant to be.

Floch felt as if the world had been brightened by a beautiful golden hue. Is this how all horses felt?

The sun began to rise, as Floch had been out all night. He looked up at the beautiful golden orb in the sky, casting a cascade of warm colors over the horizon. Floch felt tears trickling down his face; this was true horse ecstasy. He let out a proud instinctual neigh as the world began to shine.

From behind, Floch heard a thumping noise. He turned around to see the Elder Horse from before approaching him. The wise-looking horse let out a loud winnie, as if he were greeting him. Floch made a sound in return.

"Hello, young calf. I see that you are embracing your new body. You are a beautiful horse. Is this how you have chosen to spend the rest of your earthly days?"

"That's the thing, ma'am.. sir? I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what you are... But, I haven't decided if i should live out my life as a-"

He let out a loud, grotesque, uncontrollable belch from depths of his gall.

He continued, "Yeah, I don't know if i should stay as a horse or... move on... I've always wanted to kiss Eren, to love him, to have him love me, but... giving up my mortality? I- I don't know if I'm ready for that. Especially seeing that I just transformed into my equine self..."

"Sweet Calf, it is your choice, but if it were my decision, I'd have you take the path to horse heaven. You see, I will never be able to experience it. Only through your eyes may I get a glimpse into a horse's blissful afterlife. I cannot die, therefore I cannot be reborn in a new world, as a higher horsely being."

The Elder Horse took its leave as Floch pondered for a brief moment. "Maybe it's time for me to do what I need to do, to fulfill my destiny," He said to himself.

And with that, he picked himself up and trotted back to the sleeping quarters to confront none other than Eren Yeager.

--------------------------------