Amortentia (No Choice pt.2) (d.m)

*A/N: This is a one shot from my book No Choice as well as a second part to my original one shot 'No Choice'- that inspired my fic- but from Draco's perspective. This came to me in a dream, so you know this is gonna be good. Plus a bonus of chapter nineteen/ twenty (*wink wink*).*

---

Draco

***

September 2nd 1996

The potions classroom was always warm, a stuffy feeling that felt suffocating, a twinge of different smells often causing a migraine- especially if the first or seconds years were allowed to create potions, which they shouldn't be allowed to since most the time the tables were still sticky or our own potion making was delayed since they've ruined the cauldrons and equipment- and it was quite dim in the classroom meaning it was easy for mistakes. Slughorn continued ramble on for what felt like longer than it should be. What about? I wasn't sure. My attention was on Primrose, how her head was dropped, her eyes glued to the floor, stands of hair that fell out her clip falling into her face. It was easy for my attention to always been drawn to her, there was never a moment she didn't have my attention.

"Miss Parkinson?" Slughorn called out. Pansy lifted her head, but Slughorn wasn't facing her. "Primrose?" 

Everyone's eyes went to her as she lifted her head and brushed the hair from her face. I clear my throat to catch her attention, watching as she nervously faced me. I indicated her for talk, and I was sure she panicked more. I felt guilty.

"I'm to no longer be addressed by that surname." She said as Slughorn nodded in response.

"Ahh, Dumbledore had mentioned it briefly." He said with a smile, gesturing for her to step forwards, which she did with hesitation. "Can you tell me what potion this is?"

"Amortentia, sir. It's a powerful love potion and it smells different for each person, depending on what attracts them." She answers, almost mumbling the words nervously.

Slughorn nods with approval before gesturing to the cauldron. "Tell me, Primrose, what do you smell?" He asks as Primrose leans closer to the cauldron.

I waited curiously for her answer, needing to know if perhaps she smelt me. I could see the recognition in her eyes, she knew what she smelt. But instead of answering, she was out the classroom far too quickly for me to realise until she was already out of the door.

Following behind her, I recognised the smell from the cauldron. The sweetness of fresh strawberries that would always blessedly fill the room from her showers, the heart pounding of life scent of convolvulus that will forever take me back to the summer I fell in love with her, the intoxicating smell of honey that drove you to crave it more after each scent, and the freshness of beautiful spring; how it's breath of fresh air, floral scent filling your nose, the entire feel that spring gives you that feels like life.

She intoxicated me, not allowing me to take a breath of anything else but her. Not that I wanted anything else to take up any of my senses. All I want is everything of her.

I truly did wonder what it was that she smelt in the Amortentia. Was it me? Or did none of the scents correlate to me? Did she wonder what I smell?

I often think about confessing it all to her, revealing the ache in my heart that pounds with undying love that I fear of expressing encase she didn't feel an ounce of it towards me. Of course she couldn't love me, I forced her into a marriage she wasn't able to consent to. A marriage she was going into without love, possibly believing I didn't love her.