10

UNEDITED AND NOT PROOFREAD

———
April 18th
———

It was pouring out. Raining literal buckets out. She was annoyed but not at all surprised. It's been like this since last night, and when she had checked her weather app, it had called for rain. However she didn't think it would be to this extent.

Would the food place even be open? It was an outdoor stall, so chances of them being open during this weather was slim. Either way they still had to go out, even if that meant spoiling the surprise.
She'd figure it out once Sky arrived, which should be soon.

Turning away from her street view window, she trudges over to her wardrobe, deciding on a nice pair of jeans and a sweater with little sunflowers all over it. Slipping them on, she glances into the mirror, examine her features briefly before deciding not to put any cosmetics on, just to save time. Grabbing her phone and keys from the stand, she walked downstairs.

Her brother was tugging on his coat as she entered the living area. A frown etched onto his features.

"Why so glum, brother?" Ruby questioned while slipping her feet into her shoes.
"Are you sure the food place will even be open? The weather is terrible." Jiho met his younger sisters eyes, noticing a slight panicked look flash over her features.
"I'm sure it's not that bad."

"The weather is terrible. I almost died." Sky shouts as she enters the front door. Ruby grinds her teeth, feeling the urge to slap her cousin for her choice of words.
"It's not that bad."
"Famous last words."

"Are we sure we should still go?"
Sky meets Ruby's eyes, finally realizing her choice of words might be the reason the surprise gets ruined. Their plan is tanking before even starting.
"Yes, we should still go. Even if they're closed, there's this bakery that just opened that I'd like to try; it's right across from the food stall." Sky spoke rapidly but still managed a believe smile at the end.

Ruby was impressed, but she kept her face neutral as she grabbed the umbrellas from the closet. Tossing one to each of them.
"Let's go before I make you both walk."
"You wouldn't!" Sky gasped.
"She would, and she has." Jiho mutters, shaking his head as he headed out first.
"Why are the young ones always the scary ones."

———

Rain hammers against the stationary vehicle. They've been stuck in traffic for thirty-minutes and there's yet to be a change in the weather. Traffic in Seoul was already bad, but during rainstorms it was so much worse. Higher chances of car accidents since people don't pay attention when they drive.

Ruby sat back in her drivers seat, rubbing her temples as the mixture of the rain hitting the vehicle and the horns outside combined together. Loud noises have always effected her ability to function, but being stuck in a small vehicle while it poured rain, and they sat unmoving in traffic, just amplified the uncomfortableness.

Reaching for the a/c, she cranked it up. The cold air blasts against her heated face, taking away a bit of the warmth emitting from her flushed skin.
Jiho's eyes flick up from his phone screen, watching his sisters quick movements. He wanted to say something, but he knew she would say she's fine. As close as they were, he knew his sister still held back some stuff from him. Which he was fine with, but it didn't stop him from being worried for her. Her wellbeing was his top priority.

Eventually the traffic started moving. The three finally making it to their destination. Ruby was happy to exit her car, besides the rain pelting against her skin as she wrestled with her umbrella. With a huff, she finally got it to open up, thought her hair and clothing was already pretty damp from the rain. She sighed, knowing there was nothing she could do, she'd just have to deal with it.