26

Disclaimer lol: the first 2k words of this chapter are absolutely a pile of garbage, however, the last almost 1k is pretty decently written. Read at your own risk. I would not feel disheartened if you backed out right now.

————

The world outside was a blur as the rain fell from the darkening sky. The boy was worried for the fans, as they would have to stand outside in this till they were allowed to come in.

He hoped they prepared well for this weather, so they wouldn't get sick and end up unwell.

The drive to the company building took longer than usual with the rain making the road unseeable at certain moments. The traffic was also heavier as there was a couple accidents in the roads. He could only hope no one was seriously injured.

Despite it being day 1 of their Seoul Concert, the boy wasn't all as enthusiastic as the other members. He wasn't not looking forward to it, but he had hoped a certain person could've come.

His messages with Ruby had been pretty far and in between the past couple days. He'd been so busy with preparations for the concert, that he wouldn't be able to text her till almost midnight, in which he always decided not to since it was so late.

But like always, Ruby would message him, calling his insecurities about messaging her so late at night. They always texted or voice chatted for an hour before both decided sleep was a good idea.

Her small presence made him look forward to the end of the day even more. Just talking to her gave him positive energy. He has almost became sort of dependent on their nightly chats, that he was slightly bummed the night before when she said she wouldn't be able to go on call with him, as she had to be up early for an appointment.

His members could see the disheartened look on the boys face, but they chose to say nothing, since they knew he would just brush off their worries, along with his own.

Donghyuck grew slightly sad for the boy, before pulling out his phone and texting the girl.

————

————
Rubiks Cube

Ruuuuu

Whatttttt

Have you talked to Renjunie
recently??

Briefly last night
Why?

He seems sad

Maybe it's the weather??

I don't think so
I think he's sad that you rejected
his invite to the concert

What was I supposed to do 😭😭
I'm already going but it's a secret

What if I just tell him
The members and I wanted it to be
a surprise, but sad Renjun is really
depressing

Okay I'll text him
I don't want him to be sad 😔
Let me know if his demeanor changes
after
I wanna know if I have a effect on him
💪💪💪

You're so stupid

Stfu Duckhyuck

So mean 💔💔
Are you sure you biases me???
I don't think my fans would ever say
such harsh things to me 🤨

You obviously haven't heard yourself
talk 🥱

BULLY

You make it too easy 🤭