27

Mediocre writing ahead, I hope you cringe like I did while writing it 😘 as per usual, unedited and all over the place like my brain

————
Day of Concert
————

Excitement buzzed in the air as the group arrived to the venue. Long lines of fans weaved around, trying to accommodate as much room for the more that was to come.

Loud chattering, excited mumbling, and the sound of NCT Dreams music was the only thing to fill their ears.

Ruby felt a knot form in her stomach as she glanced over all the NCT fans that were waiting to enter. Every person here was about to see the same thing she was, and to her, that was insane. A unity of fans gathered together to appreciate the people they wholeheartedly support.

She wasn't sure how her friends and her brother were feeling, but she was ecstatic to be here. Her body vibrated with anticipation as she looked up at the venue that would soon be buzzing with loud cheers and great music.

The sun was blazing brightly ahead, causing her to squint as she looked around at all the arriving fans, eyes in search for a certain group of girls. Frowning at the vacant sight of them, she pulled out her phone, sending a quick message to their group chat.

Her phone vibrated when a message was sent in return. Nodding, she quickly shoved the phone back into the tiny purse that was barely big enough for the device.

Turning towards her brother and friends, she smiled, letting out a breathy sigh. "Okay so they said they are about 5 minutes away. We can either get into line, or wait for them. Either choice isn't going to change anything, so it's up to you guys." The four all shared looks with each other, eyes speaking for themselves.

"We can wait." Kai says in a monotonous voice as he squints up at the brightening sun hanging out above them, waiting to burn their skin.

It didn't take long for the girls to arrive, but smiles on their faces as they pulled her into a hug. It was only Heejin, Haram, and Jia, as they were the dreamies girlfriends. They gave the same greetings to Baiyu and Juyoung, but politely saying their hellos to Jiho and Kai.

"We should get into line." Haram said softly. The group followed her, all taking up spots in the never ending long line.

"You're so pretty in person." Jia said to Kai who just raised his eyebrow questioningly. "My boyfriend likes to show me pictures of his new gaming budding. I swear he talks about you more than me." There's no displease and underlining meaning in Jia's words as she talks to the older boy. Kai prods the inside of his cheek with his tongue in a effort to hide his amusement with the new information he just gathered.

"I'm on everyone's mind, it seems." Kai says simply, tilting his head slightly.

"Mhm, especially a certain girl we know." Heejin said teasingly as she stared with a smirk at the younger male. Kai's eyes briefly flashed with something close to excitement and intrigue, but he quickly screwed his expression into one of indifference.

"Really, that's nice." Ruby's eyes drop to Kai's fingers that are now dipping in and out of his pockets. His own tell. She chuckled, enjoying watching her friend get all nervous internally over the girl he likes talking about him with others.

"I smell a couple." Baiyu sighs with a grin aimed at her brother.
"Like you and Jiho?"
"Exactly!"
"We aren't dating," Jiho cuts in, his voice tired as he crosses his arms over his chest. Baiyu turns to him, mocking him with his own pose. There wasn't a huge height difference between the two, so they practically stood eye to eye.

"Are they going to make out in front of us?" Haram whispers to Ruby as she loops their arms together. Ruby shakes her head.
"Not yet. My brother won't do anything in public. He's against PDA." Haram hums.