25

Unedited + not proofread

————

The mall was much busier than the group of five had anticipated. They chose to head out later, in hopes of not having to deal with crowds, but it looks like they were unsuccessful with their plans.

The two boys walked behind the three girls as they scanned the stores, looking for anything that might pop out at them for their concert fits.

Juyoung was more along the lines looking for inspiration, as she always makes her own concert outfits. She would usually make theirs, but with the time crunch, she didn't have time, and they didn't mind buying ones from the store.

Ruby's eyes roamed over the mannequins in the showcase windows; sparkly sequins dresses, frilly party dresses, tight cocktail dresses, none of which screamed to her "concert fit!!!".

They had a few days before the concert, so even if they found nothing today, there was still tomorrow.

Ruby tightened her grip on her bag as a group of people squeezed by them, uncomfortably brushing up against her. She cringed at the distinct smell of cigarettes wafting of one of the men. Scrunching her nose, she turned her face away till they fully passed.

Baiyu's face was screwed up in disgust when she met the younger girls eyes. Shaking her head in disappointment.

"I don't understand why people smoke," the older girl said in a hushed tone as she pulled Ruby into the middle of her and Juyoung. "It ruins your lungs- ruins others as well with the second hand smoke, it smells godawful, and it's super expensive. There's better things to spend money on."

"Bills?"
"Sure, but food is good as well."
"True."

"I'm going to have to take a long hot shower when I get home; I swear I can still feel the smoke from that guy on my clothing." Juyoung gags in disgust.

Juyoung's uncle was a smoker, who passed away a couple years ago do to lung failure. Nobody was surprised since he smoked a pack a day, while also drinking energy drinks daily. I think everyone was shocked he lived till he was fifty, even he was stunned.

"The way you were the furthest from him, and the smell is stuck to your clothes, leaves me to believe I must smell like a smokers wardrobe." Baiyu bent her head and sniffed Ruby's clothing, an off-putting expression took over her face as she leaned away quickly.

"I think my nose hairs just singed off." She grumbled, wiping at her nose. "Seriously that smell is foul."

The conversation switched to something else between Baiyu and Juyoung, while Ruby still shopped the store with her eyes.

She eventually fell back into step with Jiho and Kai who were discussing something in a hushed tone. Whatever they had been talking about, quickly dropped upon noticing her.

Jiho nervously fidgeted with the rings on his fingers as he sent Kai a quick, knowing look. Ruby could tell something was up with him with how quiet he had been the whole day.

On top of his oddness, he agreed way too quickly to take them shopping during the evening. Jiho is a cook, he loves cooking, dinner being his favorite time to make a meal, so for him to agree to go clothes shopping at dinner time... it was strange.

He was hiding something, and what it was, she wasn't sure yet, but she planned to question him tonight when they get home.

Her inner thoughts quickly paused as she spotted something in one of the stores. She informed them of her intentions before walking off. Kai walked with her, not about to leave her alone in the mall.